1,540 posts
Chile
Lil boy! A new talent!
#2July 12th, 2006 · 12:42 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
WOW!!!
That was totally amazing!!!! holy %$#^%#!!! he's playing the same guitar that I have an damned if I can make it sound like that - wow!!!! The funny thing is though is that the guitar looks just as big on me lol! I will say it again - wow!!!!
#3July 12th, 2006 · 04:55 AM
4 threads / 1 songs
42 posts
Portugal
he sure is good..and only ten!!   well but since we are talking about talents check this out and tell me victor wooten is not great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPEDKYSPNE&mode=related&search=
#4July 12th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Child Prodigies make me laugh. That'll be the last we hear from him.
#5July 21st, 2006 · 06:58 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
cool
That lil boy has a natural talent for playing guitar...I like to see and hear talent...And it thrills me to see such a young talent ...I hope he stays with it.....Thanks Isz

Ralph
#6July 21st, 2006 · 07:01 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey
The Bass video was great also Danny..Thx

Ralph
#7July 25th, 2006 · 06:03 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
not to sound mean but heard tons better at age of 12-70. imo Age doesn't matter, time spent learning does.
#8July 25th, 2006 · 08:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
DjSkygrinder wrote…
not to sound mean but heard tons better at age of 12-70. imo Age doesn't matter, time spent learning does.

This makes no sense, you are not understanding much of what is around you.... This is a video of a kid... Now, let me put this into perspective... SUre there are hundreds... hell thousands better than he is... no doubt.. but to take your statement, it is playing time that counts... in that case, he is better than the thousands previously mentioned... because, he has at best 7 years playing experience.. and you can't really count the first year, because from 3-4 he was barely able to hold the guitar let alone play it right.... therefore we have 6 years playing experience... 6 years, and a body that is as big as a guitar... hmm... sounds pretty amazing to me... here's another one for ya... check out this group....

http://www.lonesomemeadow.com/

These kids are amazing....... And they live in my town!
#9July 26th, 2006 · 06:34 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
Well Jim , little out of beat some time , but promising.Like them.I do not compliment the one  who made the video of the little Hendrix!
#10July 26th, 2006 · 10:12 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
The thing with child prodigies is this. Yes, it is extremely impressive. Amazing, in fact, that he has a acquired such a skill in such short time and with draw backs such as having a body not as well formed as ours.
But, Will this child ever create and express. Judging from what I've seen in the past, he'll become a session muscian, or part of  jazz trio or something like that. Good, but not exactually taking music in new directions. Just playing send offs to Steve Ray Vaughn Steve Vi and Hendrix.
In short, these people are stupidly amazing at what they do but are very uninspiring.
IMHO, ofcorse
#11July 26th, 2006 · 11:09 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
He's is pretty good
I have 2 ways that I think about this. 1st. I've seen some adult guys out playing in clubs that thought they were the next blues guy. and can't even play this good. So yeah I think for his age he's pretty good.

Doug Neadt(sp) the classical guitar teacher at U.M.KC. has had several very young players that would smoke him by that age. (My guitar teacher is one of them). If you'll notice he's playing his solo's in 1st position blues patterns only/ same pattern at 12th fret. he does change up alittle but almost all of it is this pattern(nothing wrong with that though).

So I think he is real good ,with lots of room to grow. How, or what he does with music, and writing, and playing, will depend on his mindset as he gets older.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 7:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.