1 2

#1April 13th, 2010 · 01:05 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Contest! And More!!!
In an effort to promote the Amp's music compilation, I would like to suggest a contest.
I don't have alot of cash but I would be willing to pay for a BandAmp CD to be sent to whoever wins. Anyone with better prizes, please don not hold back lol.

What the contest consists of.
Get on YouTube. Make a video. If you perform music, do a song...make it good :P
If you do not sing or play, do a video blog about what bandamp is all about and that the new CD is out and where to get it. Be interesting and inspire people to visit our site. Explain how this site can help aspiring musicians. YouTube is a huge opportunity to grab new members and grow our community.

The winner would be judged on:
-View Count
-Creativity
-links to bandamp, our amazon link
-comments/feedback from viewers

***if there is not enough participation I will not put in a prize from my pocket so everyone give it a try!***
The real prize though is growing our community.

For anyone that uploads their music here...why not perform it on YouTube and link us to it from here?
At the end of each song let viewers know about Bandamp.com and to ask them to check it out if they are into making music.

I would also be willing to administrate a new YouTube account named BandAmp.
This account would upload music you make. If there is no video, provide a picture for me to post while it plays. Do your own music or do covers. Covers will lure people to the account and that is when they will see all the originals.
If anyone has objections to me doing this, lemme know. I would never put anything up without your request and approval. All rights and copyrights would be posted clearly as well as contact info to reach the artist of original songs...just in case you inspire the right person 

Lemme know what you think guys and gals!

Peace out

Mark
#2April 13th, 2010 · 04:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
We've tried doing a video before, sad to say there was not enough participation.
You could create a simple video with clips from each track from The AMP vol I, info on bandAMP and VH1 Save The Music Foundation??

Creating a bandAMP youtube is great, I'm sure there are members with music videos, if you had enough you could edit them and do a voice over??

Nice one Mark
#3April 13th, 2010 · 01:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Good call and true, what Denis said, I was personally quite bummed about the low spirit of that video attempt aswell (contributed to my temporary departure from the Amp.. etc... )

If you make the YouTube account, try to make it look good and professional, make lots of "friends", get a s***load of subscribers... I think this is a really nice initiative! Hey.. I got a video or two.. (crap ones but hey)... I say go for it!
#4April 13th, 2010 · 04:34 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Just send me an email with the song you want posted and any information you want with it. I will collect enough before making the channel. Or send me a link so I can download it.
I will make the channel purely BandAmp stuff. I am good at the networking thing and the Amp would have a heck of alot of subscribers.
So anyone that has either original music or covers to add to the channel, please keep me posted. If you have your own YouTube channel, we can put a link to your personal page with your songs. So then you are posted in two spots with much more exposure. Also...for original work, please leave a link to a personal site or email so interested people can contact you.
Once I have 10 videos I will get it online.
Can't wait!

my email: mark.a.parks@gmail.com
#5April 14th, 2010 · 03:19 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Online Now!
http://www.youtube.com/user/BandAMPOfficial

The YouTube channel is up under the name: 'BandAMPOfficial'

Please subscribe and encourage others to do so as well. I subscribed to a bunch from this site that I could find and favorited their vids.

So anyone with something they want on their, anytime is good for me. Let me know if you have suggestions to make the page even better.

Have fun!
#6April 14th, 2010 · 06:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It looks very promising! Inspires me to work on some video material again.. hehehe

cheers great job so far!
#7April 14th, 2010 · 11:42 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
These are all wonderful ideas, dusty! Where have you been??
But, a las, I don't see this really reaching it's full potential...mainly because of the lack of commitment from a lot of the members (even the 'vets' who demand respect because of the amount of time they've been members). But, we shall see. I don't use YouTube, or make videos, but I would like to see something happen with this 

I also receieved your PM. I'll start working on that as soon as possible.
#8April 14th, 2010 · 03:47 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Edit:

Wow! I just saw the YouTube page..it looks cool with the album background and things like things like that. Awesome job so far, dusty. Interested to see how it'll grow.
#9April 14th, 2010 · 10:47 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Thanks fais.
Got anything you want me to upload to it fais?
It is always best to put a face to a song, but the song can always be put to video with an image instead of a video.
The more content we get on there the better.
#10April 17th, 2010 · 04:55 PM
1 threads
7 posts
United Kingdom
re: lol
FLYER7747 wrote…
Hey Dusty..great ideas...I'll be looking in to it and see whats up

lol..Fias ..you always shoot yourself in the foot....Um...weren't you the one who started a Bandamp Cd and then gave up on it...letting down a lot of good members....lol...hmmm...talk about a lack of commitment...to funny
...I was told once...when you point your finger at someone...you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you....

fais54 wrote…
These are all wonderful ideas, dusty! Where have you been??
But, a las, I don't see this really reaching it's full potential...mainly because of the lack of commitment from a lot of the members (even the 'vets' who demand respect because of the amount of time they've been members). But, we shall see. I don't use YouTube, or make videos, but I would like to see something happen with this 

I also receieved your PM. I'll start working on that as soon as possible.

do you think its smart to talk about people now that they're not here to defend themselves? seems sort of cowardly, dont you think? just an 'outside looking in' comment i guess from me.

Dustyskates, i like the idea of a a youtube channel. I've recorded a few amateur "music videos", so i can see if you are interested! 
#11April 17th, 2010 · 05:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: lol
Eletrik wrote…
do you think its smart to talk about people now that they're not here to defend themselves? seems sort of cowardly, dont you think? just an 'outside looking in' comment i guess from me.

Well well! Thanks for looking after us in the forums matey 
#12April 17th, 2010 · 05:29 PM
1 threads
7 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: re: lol
kings wrote…
Eletrik wrote…

Well well! Thanks for looking after us in the forums matey  ;)

No prob! This seems fun, how you guys work together. I like this kind of stuff.
I'll tell my friends about the channel. 
#13April 17th, 2010 · 05:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: re: re: lol
Eletrik wrote…
kings wrote…
Eletrik wrote…

Well well! Thanks for looking after us in the forums matey  ;)

I'll tell my friends about the channel.  :D

You do that  well done
#14April 17th, 2010 · 05:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: re: re: lol
Eletrik wrote…
Yes, there's a trick to working together, and we guys really do.   
#15April 18th, 2010 · 05:51 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
And now a day later. You have made a real fine exit...Get a grip and stop seeking this kind of attention. Its not healthy for you, Eletrik/Fais/Jimmy Hoffa
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 2:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.