#1March 24th, 2010 · 11:40 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
a spoonful
Hello again happy ampers!

I was inspired to revisit the amp when I received a facebook invite to join the Bandamp group on there.....then Iszil with his post on Hole and Bucket prompted an email to me....and I realized how much I miss Bandamp!

Anyways...just thought I would post this here...instead of adding a bunch of replies to Hole and Bucket - lol

Alrightee.....so who's going to help me figure out the sound drivers thing?    My desktop has a sound card, but no drivers.
#2March 24th, 2010 · 11:49 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmm shouldn't it be as easy to google the name of your soundcard + driver + your OS?

Or visit the webpage of your soundcard manufacturer, there should be driver downloads there (and they should be free at all times).

Also, in your Configuration -> Audio Settings there should be a few dragdown menus with which to select which devices to use for different purposes... Also check whether or not volume is muted or turned down (but I expect you know what you're saying when you say you are specifically looking for the right drivers)..

It'll probably do no good... But I tried
#3March 24th, 2010 · 11:54 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
hmmm....that would require that I know the name of my soundcard?  How do I figure that out? (okay - I reluctantly admit that I am not a genius when it comes to hardware) 
#4March 24th, 2010 · 12:57 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPOON!
I know I am late... but better late than never!!! 

In some cases I'm using teamviewer to do those "repairs" at customers location remotely...

but-- sometimes the hardware is listed in system control. Make a photo of the soundcard and let it show, so anyone can help you out then. It's a matter of some prints among the electronic parts and the label names of the chips on the card to identify the hardware... try it. It's that simple!
#5March 24th, 2010 · 03:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TK , spoon still has to stick her head in the box though to see.....as she said shes not technical......do you see this happening?
I started a reply but had to go, came back and PX has obviously asked for the very same thing...name / serial number of card and your OS: XP, Win7, Mac

The problem with a piece of hardware in your system is that you must know what it is, as the computer will only see 'a piece of hardware but not properly installed'.....

if you go to Star/Run/ (type in box )     devmgmt.msc
The Device Manager is where you can eventually install drivers, but you can also see which devices you have (and which ones are not seen (yellow triangles))

Ultimately you will just have to stick your head in the box...with a small flash-light and find the cards name or number.  lol
#6March 24th, 2010 · 05:01 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
what'd I say? lol
#7March 24th, 2010 · 05:06 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
okay...so I guess I'll be sticking my head in the box - lol...I'll let you all know how it goes!
#8November 5th, 2010 · 01:30 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
spoon wrote: ... makes me want to listen again...
I brought in here a new version of a track you heard once at bratello. Please come to listen to THE CLIFF!
#9March 8th, 2011 · 06:49 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
^^ good to see you on here again
#10March 14th, 2011 · 03:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
alittlepaperdoll wrote…
^^ good to see you on here again

Yes ... very true.
#11March 23rd, 2011 · 03:53 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
still haven't stuck my head in the box - lol!  Music on hold while I pursue my crazy Olympic dream - keep an eye out at London 2012 for me and my team
#12March 23rd, 2011 · 05:07 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Happy Birthday, Spoon!

> Iszil
#13March 24th, 2011 · 08:06 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Happy birthday Spoon (although belated ---)

Hmm crazy olympic dream huh?? Are you serious?? Does BandAMP house a future olympic gold medal winner? 

Go for it!
#14March 24th, 2011 · 08:42 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: a spoonful
spoon wrote…
Hello again happy ampers!

I was inspired to revisit the amp when I received a facebook invite to join the Bandamp group on there.....then Iszil with his post on Hole and Bucket prompted an email to me....and I realized how much I miss Bandamp!

Anyways...just thought I would post this here...instead of adding a bunch of replies to Hole and Bucket - lol

Alrightee.....so who's going to help me figure out the sound drivers thing?    My desktop has a sound card, but no drivers.
iam probably the man to help...............................................

skype helps

john ........... and sue

rich is in contact via facebook to sort it out

my skype johnmtobin i think
#15March 24th, 2011 · 09:26 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
...and yes, I am late as well....but I hope you had a wonderfully HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.