#1February 28th, 2010 · 09:19 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Chile Earthquake
Couldnt believe it, when I shortly saw the news and pictures of damages in Chile. Some journalists report from Santiago and they havent any problems with internet connections and power supply.

Just checked Iszil's and FreakCrazy's last login, it was Feb 26.

So my thoughts and my hopes are that everything is ok over there, "just" a few thousand miles away.

Would love to hear something
#2March 1st, 2010 · 11:30 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I finally got my phone/mobile/internet service back.
It's a huge mess here in Chile. This is the 5th most powerful earthquake in the history of the world.
Hopefully for us, the epicenter wasn't near Santiago, the capital and biggest city here, but it was in the second most important city in Chile, Concepción, that's about 700 kms away on the south, but anyway we could feel it really strong here (where I live is about 40 kms south from Santiago.
For you to make an idea, we have to different words for when the land quakes: one is like a minor earthquake which is any quake below 7 Rigster degrees and any quake over 7 degrees it's a major earthquake. We are used to minor quakes every now and then but a major one usually occurs every 15-20 years. The one we had now was of 8.8 degrees (the biggest ever in the world was of 9.5, in Valdivia, Chile) so you can imagine this a huge disaster. In Santiago it was about 7.5 degrees.
It was quite "fun" how it got me. I was paying drums while the bassist of my band was playing "Us and Them" on the guitar, all this in the house we use for our music sessions. Suddenly a friend said "hey, it's quaking". We stopped playing, I stood up, and after about 10 seconds we realized this was big we got out of the house, and we could feel like we were surfing on the porch.
Well, thank you for worrying.
What's all the world saying about this, by the way?

> Iszil
#3March 1st, 2010 · 02:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
I finally got my phone/mobile/internet service back.
It's a huge mess here in Chile. This is the 5th most powerful earthquake in the history of the world.
Hopefully for us, the epicenter wasn't near Santiago, the capital and biggest city here, but it was in the second most important city in Chile, Concepción, that's about 700 kms away on the south, but anyway we could feel it really strong here (where I live is about 40 kms south from Santiago.
For you to make an idea, we have to different words for when the land quakes: one is like a minor earthquake which is any quake below 7 Rigster degrees and any quake over 7 degrees it's a major earthquake. We are used to minor quakes every now and then but a major one usually occurs every 15-20 years. The one we had now was of 8.8 degrees (the biggest ever in the world was of 9.5, in Valdivia, Chile) so you can imagine this a huge disaster. In Santiago it was about 7.5 degrees.
It was quite "fun" how it got me. I was paying drums while the bassist of my band was playing "Us and Them" on the guitar, all this in the house we use for our music sessions. Suddenly a friend said "hey, it's quaking". We stopped playing, I stood up, and after about 10 seconds we realized this was big we got out of the house, and we could feel like we were surfing on the porch.
Well, thank you for worrying.
What's all the world saying about this, by the way?

> Iszil

Glad to see you are OK, I don't listen to news, too depressing
#4March 1st, 2010 · 03:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Man I am glad you are ok.  /was worried about you .

news is you guys took a big hit, 8.8 is huge.  Some parts need lots of help with rescue and food and supplies... I understand help is on the way. Red Cross, U.N. and many others.
#5March 1st, 2010 · 05:25 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I'm very relieved to hear that you're okay!

They're not covering it much in my state. They're just going on and on about Haiti's earthquake. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.