#1February 7th, 2010 · 10:09 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
NFL Superbowl XLIV
Did anyone else think Peyton Manning failed, along with a whole bunch of receivers?

Not saying they're bad players, I'm just feeling that they made more mistakes than anyone would've expected...

Opinions?

--XFactor--
#2February 7th, 2010 · 10:42 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Manning was like. crying the WHOLE time
It was GREAT

I'm am extremely ecstatic that the Saints won
#3February 7th, 2010 · 11:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
well I wasn't on the field.. not in the huddles,  don't have any inside scoop... All I know is Saints won , colts lost.  Even though the Colts came on strong at first.  I thought it was a very good game. Some amazing plays done by both teams.
#4February 8th, 2010 · 02:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea.....The English beat the Welsh at ruby too.....but god what a very good game of some very good rugby

They were advertising this Superbowl thing on BBC world....I doubt it will pick up over here in the 'old world'....too much razzmatazz and bling and not enough getting on with the game!    
#5February 8th, 2010 · 03:08 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
WONT GET FOOLED AGAIIIIIINNN
#6February 8th, 2010 · 01:34 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Manning was right on the money with his passes. Garcon missed a very important pass that put the Colts on a 3 and out in the 1st quarter. I think that was the turning point in the game along with the onside kick. Reggie Wayne made his cut to late on the interception that was returned for a touchdown. He should have cut in front of the defender and he missed a pass right in his hands in the end zone at the end of the game. Manning was on ..his team mates weren't.

But, you can't take anything away from Brees and the rest of the Saint's. they played a almost perfect game. I'm a Colts fan, yes, but it was nice to see the Saint's finally win and for New Orleans to get a long overdue Superbowl win...In the long run I think it was destiny for them to win. Congrats Saints...

OH..and I thought the Who sounded terrible
#7February 8th, 2010 · 02:28 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
The Who
lol Ralph, I thought that was the main issue on this thread. I agree fully on that. They seemed "out of place" sometimes to me.
#8February 8th, 2010 · 04:26 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah well theres only two of them and their combined ages are like 980 so yeah...i agree they sounded awful
#9February 8th, 2010 · 05:56 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
TheKunadiun wrote…
yeah well theres only two of them and their combined ages are like 980 so yeah...i agree they sounded awful

Hahaha! That actually made me laugh pretty hard. Anyways... I don't think the arrangements of their songs were bad (they kept transitioning into different songs), but there's a time when all bands get "too old" or just "too crappy" to perform... I think The Who was one of them...

Flyer7747 wrote…
Manning was right on the money with his passes. Garcon missed a very important pass that put the Colts on a 3 and out in the 1st quarter. I think that was the turning point in the game along with the onside kick. Reggie Wayne made his cut to late on the interception that was returned for a touchdown. He should have cut in front of the defender and he missed a pass right in his hands in the end zone at the end of the game. Manning was on ..his team mates weren't.

You make a very good point, Ralph! Again, I'm not trying to put down any of the players' skills and abilities, but there were mistakes made that most players are probably regretting right now...

Thanks for all the discussion, everyone! Not an avid American football fan, but last night's game was quite entertaining!

--XFactor--
#10February 8th, 2010 · 09:54 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
The who live has never been a super great sounding band imho.. I still like them better than Prince.

If you caught the acoustic show they did earlier in the week (pregame party thing) imho that was the way they should have done the actual 1/2 time show... They were good when they did the acoustic show.

There is all this big thing about the who in the last 10 to 12 years.  Maybe because of the CSI.. I saw them back in the 70's .. I had just come from seeing Journey a few weeks before ... I was not impressed with the who even way back then... in fact I think daltry did a better job at the 1/2 time then back in the 70's.
#11February 8th, 2010 · 10:04 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
The Who?
Tell the truth I thought The Who or at least Daltry and Townsend did a pretty good job considering as old as they are. All of us had better hope we can rock out like them when we get to their age. Good job they had a younger more capable backing group or it would have been horrendous!!! They could have had a wardrobe malfunction and popped out a geriatric titty.  haha.   I did like the stage set up with the UFO like spokes of light. As far as the Football goes, when 2 great teams come together in such a huge game, mistakes will be made and unless you have access to the huddles and the strategy meetings no one should second guess plays or decisions because you kind of had to be there.  Although the game was enjoyable and the Saint's interception to touchdown in the 4th qtr was awsome, honestly I'd rather watch soccer (real football).....Skunk
#12February 8th, 2010 · 10:23 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Speaking of CSI... I'm watching the antics of Horacio Caine and friends right now.

As for my music history... I'm not old enough to know about all these bands and how they used to be "back then", so I can't make any complaints about all the change and stuff.

Both teams definitely play well, and yeah, mistakes will be made, I realize that now (after watching a few pro-league "soccer" games myself, haha).

I'm wondering if I should make another Pit thread about favourite football (soccer if you're American) teams and why?

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.