1 2 3

#1June 6th, 2006 · 08:40 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
DRAGONFORCE!!!!!
Not really a seriouse post and if it belongs somewhere else please move (if your an admin, if not...well you can't do nout anyhow so....)
Dragonforce;
Brittish metal gods with superhuman guitar powers. There vocalist has a sweet voice and the drumer and keyboardist like to show off in the backround, mostly to themselves, in the safe knoweldge that although everyone is watching the guitarists it wouldn't be possible without them.
Anyway, it has recently come to my attention that not many people from America have heard them. Or even heard of them. Although aparently they are quite big in Japan and Europe.
Point is, they kick any other metal band you've ever heard in the butt and yawn while they're at it,
Check it out peeps,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_JafYlMY8&search=Dragonforce

Play it loud and look for the finger movements on the fret board on the zoom ins when they break in to the solo.
Have fun:D:D:D:D
Ps, they shortened the song for the video. The origanal is better but watching them play is savage.
#2June 6th, 2006 · 09:35 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
with you all the way moses
#3June 6th, 2006 · 11:45 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
it seems as though the whole video was fast forwarded about 4x... they must sleep with there instruments because that is played to perfection
#4June 12th, 2006 · 01:33 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hehe, i've heard of these guys.. used to listen to some of their songs
#5June 21st, 2006 · 10:34 AM
3 posts
United States of America
wow man...I remember this....I'd forgotten...rock gods is right!
#6August 29th, 2006 · 12:11 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
hey mo...
just wanted to let you know, there's a chance I might be seeing Dragonforce in concert with Horse the Band...

by the way, I never would have considered it if you hadn't introduced me to them. so thanks
#7August 29th, 2006 · 06:51 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Icky. I dislike hardass metal like that. Shredding can sound good, but that just sounded like one continuous DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUN!!!!!
#8August 29th, 2006 · 08:03 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Zach, Dragonforce is not hardass metal. Children Of Bodom, The Autumn Othering. That's more badass.
I thought Dragonforce were quite melodic for metal.
Taka, you're a lucky *censored*. You know that.
HOLLA!
KI
#9August 29th, 2006 · 08:15 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Moses wrote…
Zach, Dragonforce is not hardass metal. Children Of Bodom, The Autumn Othering. That's more badass.
I thought Dragonforce were quite melodic for metal.
Taka, you're a lucky *censored*. You know that.
HOLLA!
KI

Very melodic, opera sounding as well, personally for me this is what music should sound like. Beautiful, aggressive and loads of GUITAR! And a vocalist who can sing!Oh and Zach if thats all you hear I feel sorry for you, I mean thats like saying all you hear in techno is 1,2,3,4 etc.
#10August 29th, 2006 · 12:16 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
It's not the hardest stuff I've ever heard, but for me its still to *arrggg*scream*powerchord*
#11August 29th, 2006 · 08:20 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
That was awesome! First I'd heard of them.

Reminds me of the kind of energy early Kansas had playing live. Kicked up a notch or two!

Loved the guitar duet/solo, the one guy calmly taking a swig or two, then coming in, then taking a swig or two.

I'm not a big fan of the screaming metal stuff, but this wasn't like that at all. As basket says, very melodic, lyrical, lot of stuff going on. Great guitar work too.

Going to have to check out more of their stuff.
#12August 29th, 2006 · 11:20 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
ZachBlume wrote…
It's not the hardest stuff I've ever heard, but for me its still to *arrggg*scream*powerchord*

This coming from a guy who's favourite song is by Nirvana? I'm confused........power chord + arrggg + scream = Smells like Teen Spirit  
#13August 30th, 2006 · 05:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Seen some videos of these guys
These guitar players are top notch players. Their sweep picking and arpeggios are amazing.
very smooth and tight  nice use of there musical knowledge :ie: diminished, augmented,
melodic and harmonic minors. major and minor pentatonics.

oh yeah I like the vocals too.

Has this been done before , yes. It's nothing new but they do a damn good job of it and are one of the best at it.
#14August 30th, 2006 · 05:28 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
man, when you say "nice use of there musical knowledge" I would say useless exihibition of there musical knowledge... but where's the music?

(Idonīt like guitar heroes )

So, just my opinion
#15August 30th, 2006 · 05:42 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Hey, Aetheris, your only allie's favirout song is by Nirvana
you looose!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.