#1November 11th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Moving away from Lace
I know it's another sign-in, and another website to have to visit, but I really feel that this will really improve the dynamic of the Amp, and is a worthy replacement of Lace.  I created a BandAMP group over on a new website I love called Tangler.  The group is at: http://www.tangler.com/group/bandamp/ and is very, very awesome.  The discussions are real-time, the chats can be organized by a topic, the entire website is dynamic, and best of all, it links to desktop software that provides IM-style notifications for when you are not on the website.

Give it a try: join and let me know what you think.

One more time: http://www.tangler.com/group/bandamp/
#2November 11th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Oh, one more thing: if you can, please use the same nicknames as you do here.  It will just make stuff a lot easier.
#3November 11th, 2007 · 07:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I looked at the chat page and it's well cool. What had you in mind? Redirect the chat page there? Implement it into the bandAmp chat page?
I like the topics, though I do think channels would be more fun, like CB radios.

Something else: You are, for all intent and purposes, bandAmps designated 'on-board' programmer, when you have time, are you not?  
Would you make it a priority to upgrade the vbCode or BBcode or what ever it's called ? 
So we can do simple things like displaying .swf's or at least more than it is now,
as it is, it's an immensely elementary version of it!
#4November 11th, 2007 · 10:47 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I don't really know how best to implement this into the site.  Rewriting it is out of the question, because if I had time to do that, then I have time to create 50 other web applications.  I would love for us to use this on the side with the AMP...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.