#1November 17th, 2009 · 06:01 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I know K...I'm sorry about that...Thing is I lost one of my most important things in my life because of music,so I'm rather upset that I'm so passionate and dedicated to it..The price of that commitment cost me my wife..I wish I had never picked up any instrument, all it has done in my life is bring me loss and pain.Funny thing is that the same pain that I feel becomes the inspiration for more music,so its hard to not write when that creativity and emotion flows..But is destroying me..Is taking everything away...So I'm angry at me an my music and I want to destroy it...
Sorry about the depressing story,this doesn't happen to many of my musician friends but its been happening to me for years...

At the moment Im considering to stop,Lisa says I can't ,I love to much...I think she's right.
Vicious Kitty still goes on though but at the moment I'm having difficulties working the mix because of the emotional aspect..

Well anyways some one once told me I need balance,so my question is where do I get one of those?

Marino.
#2November 17th, 2009 · 08:14 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
But wasn't your wife who was collaborating with you in many of your musical projects. I don't get how that could be, at the same time, the reason of your separation.
The only thing I can tell you is not to delete/destroy your work: you are going to regret so effing much!
And be strong; things will work out... they always do.

> Iszil
#3November 18th, 2009 · 05:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
I know K...I'm sorry about that...Thing is I lost one of my most important things in my life because of music,so I'm rather upset that I'm so passionate and dedicated to it..The price of that commitment cost me my wife..I wish I had never picked up any instrument, all it has done in my life is bring me loss and pain.Funny thing is that the same pain that I feel becomes the inspiration for more music,so its hard to not write when that creativity and emotion flows..But is destroying me..Is taking everything away...So I'm angry at me an my music and I want to destroy it...
Sorry about the depressing story,this doesn't happen to many of my musician friends but its been happening to me for years...

At the moment Im considering to stop,Lisa says I can't ,I love to much...I think she's right.
Vicious Kitty still goes on though but at the moment I'm having difficulties working the mix because of the emotional aspect..

Well anyways some one once told me I need balance,so my question is where do I get one of those?

Marino.

I can understand M, I hope you find the strength within yourself to deal with it, you know I'm always available for a chat.
Please please please try and control that anger and replace it with LOVE, it will work wonders I guarantee it, that will get the scales tipping, and I mean LOVE yourself, you are always helping others, now it's time to help yourself.

Bless
#4November 18th, 2009 · 05:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A balance is not a difficult thing to get.....any good hardware store should have one....but you do have to walk to the shop....well actually you must stroll to the shop, saying hello to passers by and generally smiling at people.
Even before you reach the shop people will be thinking "wow that guys got a good balance" and "he's happy being himself....why cant I be?".
When you reach the shop you must wander casually around just looking and enjoying it.....with no particular place to go......if you dont get picked up for being a shoplifter you can quite happily walk out of the shop again at which point you'll realise you always had your own balance, you just had to get it out and use it.

OK! For the sake of argument say you burn your guitars, smash your amps in the garden and uninstall FL, and every day when you come home from work you sit in your favorite chair and watch TV all night, drinking beer and playing with your nuts...........would that be you?  Or even worse, would you want to be with someone who would accept you like that?
So this is not really an 'average man' but it is an opposite to the incredibly creative man that you are.

There is something to said about 'acceptance', not only of the situation as it is, but also of each other and most of all acceptance of your self. Because at the end of the day you have to live with you more than anyone else.

Even if you do make radical changes to your life, your still the same man one way or another.
Whether you get your strength from Jesus, from your guitar or from the children you work with, carry on being Marino please.
You'd make a really shity someone else any way.
#5November 18th, 2009 · 09:07 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey, Marino! I was saddened to hear about what you've been going through. I know that can be excruciating, and I have nothing profound to say other than to let you know that you can count me as one of the ones who carries you (and Lisa) in his thoughts. I will say that I don't think anything can be gained by destroying any part of your blessed talent, nor by turning your anger inward. You're a great guy and you CAN emerge from this experience stronger if you should choose to do so. With regards to the balance question, I believe there may be answers in the program (you know the one I'm talking about - see step two). I believe (if we're working on our "chops"...I mean our spiritual "chops") we're always in a quest for balance...and it is VERY easy (particularly when we're really attached to something or someone) to lose our balance. You can't lose (no matter what happens with your marriage) if you dedicate some time to personal healing (be very compassionate with yourself) then seeking whatever growth this experience has for you.
#6November 19th, 2009 · 09:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Guys Im truly moved by your words..I really don't have any words to express my gratitude.. Im sure in time Ill be back on my feet again,but for now I'm just going to take it easy..Tx guys!
#7November 20th, 2009 · 08:39 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Thoughts go out to you.
Hope you r Ok.
yy
#8November 27th, 2009 · 06:40 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
My advise would be never to destroy anything you create. I hope you see it through the worst of times.
I quite agree on what Kings has said. Don't change yourself.

Sure you might find a new part of yourself or find out more within but don't force/change it, because at the end of the day it just wont work.

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.