1 2
#16November 5th, 2009 · 05:21 PM
1 threads
3 posts
Antarctica
Thanks guys and girls, been trying to listen to a lot of different composers but I think I've fallen in love with Bach, especially the Brandenburg suite.  P.s. Not sure if it's just me but does music sound better on analogue than digital media?  Don't quite trust my ears yet.
Rexp
#17November 6th, 2009 · 02:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
randomexp wrote…
Thanks guys and girls, been trying to listen to a lot of different composers but I think I've fallen in love with Bach, especially the Brandenburg suite.  P.s. Not sure if it's just me but does music sound better on analogue than digital media?  Don't quite trust my ears yet.
Rexp

Interesting. Most people prefer analogue because it has a warmer sound and feel to it. Many recording studios are going back to it, same for drums and amps and such like. Most people prefer the sound of vintage drums.

I use a tube preamp to get the analogue sound you are referring to. Tube and solid state combines are lovely, not forgetting tape, tape recordings have a lot of warmth compared to digital. So much for digital eh.

I bought a Bach album recently, it's superb.

What an adventure it must be for you!! You may want to invest in a quality Hi-Fi unit next. I've got an old (25years) Technics Hi -fi with Tanoy speakers, yeah that's pretty vintage too and still sounds great.
Or you can get some studio headphones, there are hundreds on the market, wouldn't know where to start.  Perhaps buy something with pedigree, there is a make which has been and still used in many studios, just can't remember now, will edit this post when I find out.
**Edit:
Here are the headphones I was refering to, Beyerdynamic DT100, these have mega pedigree
http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Beyerdynamic-DT100-Headphones-16-Ohm/1VB
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.