Canada
WE NEED A LIST OF CANDIDATES
#3October 17th, 2009 · 12:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
WE NEED A LIST OF CANDIDATES
My My, come on AMPERS where is your spirit, you can just let it slip away or grab hold of it and do something,
What is it to be?
#4October 17th, 2009 · 01:10 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
Who is doing covers/ copies??? Where are you hearing them? Right here??
#5October 17th, 2009 · 05:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: PLagarism ......... copies covers!!!!!!
swordfish wrote…
where are we on this..........

sometimes i hear stuff that is so obviously not produced by 'amp songwriters' I want to hurl!!!!!

moderator reply please........

fish

As far as I'm aware there's no Ruling in the book so to speak.  At first I thought it wrong for covers, but as there seems to be less activity on BandAMP these days, I don't mind it at all, so long it has some originality to it.
The last time this topic was raised, I think the majority were in favor.

So Ampers, tell us your views, is it good, is it bad, can we make it more interesting, ban it ETC

#6October 17th, 2009 · 08:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Well Personally I love covering songs, but I like to keep them as close to the original as possible. Thats just what i like to do, and I think its cool when other people take the song in a whole different direction. As long as credit is giving when we post the covers, just note that you ARE covering it by "So-And-So" The Band, from their song "The song Name".

Covering songs is really fun, and as long as you do not take credit for the whole thing (i.e. writing the song, coming up with the idea, etc).

I see no problem with members who have good intentions uploading covers. They (myself included) just want to share how we just learned this song, and for people to see how we did on it. Not to take credit away from the original band and stuff like that.
#7October 18th, 2009 · 08:39 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Swordy be more specific..I'm assuming your not talking about covers(this has been addressed before and resolved).If Im understanding correctly your talking about taking credit for material or arrangements that are not all written by the bandamp member?
As far as Mod,I don't see why to drag them into this until there's more specifics into the who or what?So Im ok with them being invisible...I am most of the time too and so are many.
#8October 18th, 2009 · 03:49 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
swordfish wrote…
Im just trying to avoid in advance DJ spinners ......... putting mixes up....

probably wise to let this thread dry on the vine till the problem really arises.......

sorry    

fish

Mixes are not plagiarism, as long as the person mixing the song gives credit to the song or songs he/she has used.

#9October 18th, 2009 · 03:51 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Well if someone did a "re-mix" or changed up some arrangements in one of my songs, I would like to be notified that they are doing it, or something like that.

It is sort of a gray area
#10October 19th, 2009 · 12:44 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
MeowMachine wrote…
swordfish wrote…
Im just trying to avoid in advance DJ spinners ......... putting mixes up....

probably wise to let this thread dry on the vine till the problem really arises.......

sorry    

fish

Mixes are not plagiarism, as long as the person mixing the song gives credit to the song or songs he/she has used.

:roll:

Totally wrong! You can't use parts of another song in your song without permission! Even if you give credit.
#11October 27th, 2009 · 09:52 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Totally wrong! You can't use parts of another song in your song without permission! Even if you give credit.

... Unless the license allows you to create a copy or use that specific excerpt in a non-profitable manner. Content posted in the Creative Commons is fair game, as long as there is credit given. No permission is required unless there is a valid copyright provided.

My facts for this topic are ultimately based off of what's on the Creative Commons website, which contains information about how to properly license certain things, copyright information, etc.

--XFactor--

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.