#1October 7th, 2009 · 07:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Up and Running
I've created my own website for the first time, took ages, but I'm pleased with myself
www.denisahmet.com

Also my album 'Laughter of Joy' was launched on Amazon & iTunes (USA), for some reason the UK/Europe iTunes have not got their act together . For a limited time I'll send any member here on BandAMP a free Mp3 version of the album together with art work., just drop me a PM with your email address.

I've received one review from Amazon USA, I have a feeling it could be from someone here on BandAMP.  Am I right or wrong?

It's the longest time I've spent without recording any music, I'm looking forward getting back into it and upload some new tracks, that's what I love the most 

CHEERS
#2October 8th, 2009 · 08:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really like the site Denis I think it looks very professional.
Your about me is so much better and much friendlier when you write it as you.

I have two things for you, just observations......the background image to the page , not your logo , if you were to give it a 'fixed' attribute in the css it would stay still while the rest of the page scrolls over it......it's a nice effect.
The other thing is your menu, have you put the full code in and properly? it seams to stay highlighted on the HOME tab even when you go to another page. I have no ideas as to how to fix it because I'd need so see the whole set up, including the javascript and css.
Ahaa!   [ a class="toptab active" ], it's the 'active' class, it should be moving to the correct tab with the loading of the appropriate page.

Is the menu created with php? if not then you should have a load of separate pages one for each menu choice; home, gallery etc........then you need to go into every page and remove the 'active' class from the 'home' href line and put it into the appropriate href line, so in the gallery page it should read :
[a class="toptab active" href="gallery.html"]Gallery etc and then in the Video page code it should be [a class="toptab active" href="videos.html"]Videos

Get it to a point where it's looking good and working and then get back to your music ..... otherwise it will just take over!!!
#3October 8th, 2009 · 11:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cheers Kings for your input!

Hmm, nice idea on the CSS, no bleedin' idea how to do it?? I'll 'av' a pock around, see what turns up.

YEah YEah, I was wondering about that highlight feature on the Top Home Tab, yeah I should be able to sort that out.

Diamond Geezer!!
#4October 13th, 2009 · 01:33 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Good luck with getting back on the recordings, like you said!  Very nice work coming from that album playing on the page.  it really gives off the vibe of having had a lot of work put into it.

I've been gone so long, I hope to reacquaint myself with a few of the happenings of the recent past!
#5October 13th, 2009 · 02:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Good luck with getting back on the recordings, like you said!  Very nice work coming from that album playing on the page.  it really gives off the vibe of having had a lot of work put into it.

I've been gone so long, I hope to reacquaint myself with a few of the happenings of the recent past!

Hey TLS, hope all's well? Yeah I'm slowly getting back into the songwriting, I'm back to practicing, the vibs are coming back slowly but surely.

Cheers
#6October 13th, 2009 · 11:10 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
...the background image to the page , not your logo , if you were to give it a 'fixed' attribute in the css it would stay still while the rest of the page scrolls over it......it's a nice effect.

Just what I thought when I first went on the site!

It looks great, Denis - love the flashy colours - read the bio and was definitely impressed! Definitely inspires me to set my musical goals to a higher standard!

--XFactor--

P.S. No need to use CSS, although it'd be much easier (yet confusing to start off with). Try:

body background="yourimage.gif" bgproperties="fixed"

Make sure to include the two chevrons outside that piece of HTML too.
#7October 14th, 2009 · 01:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Funny, I took a look at your code and the css but I couldn't see where the background image is called !!??
I found where the bgimage is used as a background for a H2.

O yea! You should write something in your 'meta tags' at the top of every page.
It's still got "Put description here" written in it!
Best thing to do would be to write one , copy it and paste the chunk into every page.

Even if you dont understand css yet , you've certainly got the class.  
#8October 14th, 2009 · 02:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Funny, I took a look at your code and the css but I couldn't see where the background image is called !!??
I found where the bgimage is used as a background for a H2.

O yea! You should write something in your 'meta tags' at the top of every page.
It's still got "Put description here" written in it!
Best thing to do would be to write one , copy it and paste the chunk into every page.

Even if you dont understand css yet , you've certainly got the class.   ;)

There are two parts to the background, a) the solid colour and, b) what looks to me like a flower shape of similar colour to the solid background. I assume you are refering to to 'b'?
I would be able to identify it if that helps?
Yeah, I wondered what those 'Meta tage' were, I'm not sure what to do with them as it appeared they didn't do anything, so what exactly are they for and how is it displayed on the site? When you say 'Write one', What should I write?

Cheers Kings
Denis
#9October 14th, 2009 · 04:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis you can work that one out cant you?
    [meta name="description" content="Your description goes here" /]
    [meta name="keywords" content="your,keywords,goes,here" /]
    [meta name="author" content="Your Name" /]

The page 'title' text appears next to the 'favicon' in the browsers tabs and as the name under the icon when you drag a shortcut to your desktop.  But this you know.
'Description' is a description of your site or the page ..... it's the text that shows under your link if you come up on a google search results...I think! But it's not displayed on your actual page.
'Keywords' are keywords separated by a comma, and should be applicable to the site/page content.
They are apparently useless because search engines ignore them ever since people started abusing them. But it's worth putting something there I suppose ..... if you plan to make a 'correct' page.
'Your name' is Denis Ahmet........

You should make a search on 'meta tags' and 'SEO' (search engine optimization)
#10October 14th, 2009 · 05:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis you can work that one out cant you?
    [meta name="description" content="Your description goes here" /]
    [meta name="keywords" content="your,keywords,goes,here" /]
    [meta name="author" content="Your Name" /]

The page 'title' text appears next to the 'favicon' in the browsers tabs and as the name under the icon when you drag a shortcut to your desktop.  But this you know.
'Description' is a description of your site or the page ..... it's the text that shows under your link if you come up on a google search results...I think! But it's not displayed on your actual page.
'Keywords' are keywords separated by a comma, and should be applicable to the site/page content.
They are apparently useless because search engines ignore them ever since people started abusing them. But it's worth putting something there I suppose ..... if you plan to make a 'correct' page.
'Your name' is Denis Ahmet........

You should make a search on 'meta tags' and 'SEO' (search engine optimization)

This is great!!

Thanks again Kings
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.