#1September 28th, 2009 · 08:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Australian Pink Floyd Show
Holy. Crap.

So I was able to go see the Aussie Floyd live for the first time on Sept 25th at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, and MAN what a show. WHAT A SHOW.

They are super talented musicians and I love pink floyd and since I've never been able to see the actual floyd live, this was really freaking awesome.

The songs they played were excellent choices, and as an encore they played Run Like Hell, and they performed it just as Roger Waters and the band did when they toured and did the wall.

If anyone is thinking of going to see them...GO...its an amazing show and a great band. I was skeptical at first, as of course it is not the real thing, but once you see them, you are in awe.

I just wanted to recommend them to anyone who was wanting to go.
Im still super phsyced after seeing them and will definitely go see them again. Has anyone else ever seen them?

I got an mp3 recording of the whole thing that I'll try to upload somewhere and I'll post a link.
#2September 29th, 2009 · 08:50 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Aussie tribute bands
Have a reputation dating back to the late 80z built on  a solid following of fans  in Pubs and Clubs and major events.
Australian Doors Show , Australian PF show, Beatnicks , Elton Jack , Bjorn Again, Billy Joel , Australian Zep ++.
Due to our Location and international touring logistics plus demand for the music  + there's always been healthy work avail.
. Some have become big franchises  &  more than paid the rent for the people involved.
Ironically there was a Band from Liverpool U.K ,named  Australian Beatles show ....used the OZZie handle to get a profile.

#3September 29th, 2009 · 09:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh wow thats cool!
I had no idea there were other aussie tribute bands! thats really cool thanks man!

i forgot to include the website earlier:

http://www.aussiefloyd.com

thats sweet!
#4October 4th, 2009 · 12:40 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I didn't even hear they were playing there.
Bummerrrrr
#5October 4th, 2009 · 07:13 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Where in Phoenix?
It was quite a show. I regularly check http://www.livenation.com for bands playing in my area
#6November 3rd, 2009 · 09:57 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Yeah, kunadiun bootlegged it, if anyone's interested in a copy PM me for a download link.
#7November 3rd, 2009 · 06:06 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Watched them a few years ago when they did the Dark Side of the Moon tour and pretty much been every year since.

It doesn't matter if it's not the real Pink Floyd in my opinion. The songs PF wrote are what they are. The Aus PF are just the vessel that the brilliance comes through. They also have a great stage show (lights+projectors ect.).

It makes it a great reason to go out with your partner or friends. Or a brilliant present for any PF fan. Well worth seeing them.
#8November 3rd, 2009 · 11:48 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah I totally agree. They do an amazing job playing the PF songs, and portraying what the GREATNESS used to be.
Excellent show!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.