#1September 28th, 2009 · 01:21 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
is it that people are burned out on the internet.
you know I just don't quite give a crap about the internet and it's contents.  Not trying to be an a$$ but I find lately that I have other more important things to do,
#2September 28th, 2009 · 08:08 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ive been super busy lately as well so i think people are trying to better manage their time
#3November 15th, 2009 · 04:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I thought of adding to this post when you first posted, because it is an interesting and real subject.....but didnt really have the time.     

I agree with and understand the post except for one thing......the internet is a truly amazing thing.....we just have to learn how to deal with it.......like internet management !
It has SOOO much but we dont always have to want something from it.
Because when I really need something...a program to convert 3gp files, an old GuitarRig2 vst plugin without the virus, a colour by numbers picture of Sinte Klaas, buy a flight ticket, hire a car, translate a word or advertise my company, I can do it and SO much more through the internet

But you cant go looking for something when you dont need to, you'll just sit there irritated because you should be looking somewhere else!
#4November 15th, 2009 · 11:55 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
I think you're just growing up, moving on, reprioritizing your life with things you now find more important than the constant monotony of the internet.
I mean sure, the internet can be a great thing, loads of information at our fingertips we can have never ending learning. Music, media, entertainment, education, world news, etc. is all right there for us. Of course the internet can also be a bad thing, viruses, hackers, creepy people, things you can't unsee etc.
But as we get older, we get used to it all and we realize that there are more important real life experiences that are just better.
Not saying that leaving the internet is bad, nor am I saying it's good, I'm just saying do what makes you happy.
#5November 16th, 2009 · 06:10 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I haven't moved past that point yet, and I think the internet is a GREAT thing. The internet is pretty much my life, y'know, from BandAMP to facebook, to the online games I play... (Yes, I'm an online video game addict... Surprise.)

I guess the important thing to remember is that the internet is a tool. It can be used for learning new things, buying things that have special deals, and just generally getting a lot of stuff done in a more efficient manner. Even though people use it a lot, they shouldn't make their life revolve around it too much. I've also noticed how fast-paced life seems is when you place yourself into the hands of (literally) a bunch of computers. Whether it be your patience and attention span shortened or the inability to get a "peace of mind", the internet and its contents really drain the life out of you!

If you're "internet-fasting", I'm definitely behind you on that. (That could be directed at anyone who's trying it.)

--XFactor--
#6November 16th, 2009 · 07:29 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Internet has advantages and disadvantages, as everything in this life, so what?!
I must say I use it to almost everything, and I kind of an addict to... nothing to be so proud of, though.
But anyway, it's something that has to do with generations. That's it.

> Iszil

PS: I'm also play on-line games. That actually sucks most of my time on the computer. And - I'm completely ashamed of what I¡m going to say - but gaming is probably one of the reasons I stopped recording many of my music.
PPS: What games do you play, XF?
#7November 17th, 2009 · 06:20 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Iszil wrote…
Internet has advantages and disadvantages, as everything in this life, so what?!
I must say I use it to almost everything, and I kind of an addict to... nothing to be so proud of, though.
But anyway, it's something that has to do with generations. That's it.

> Iszil

PS: I'm also play on-line games. That actually sucks most of my time on the computer. And - I'm completely ashamed of what I¡m going to say - but gaming is probably one of the reasons I stopped recording many of my music.
PPS: What games do you play, XF?

I'm not too intense in online gaming, but it's more of a pasttime for me - RuneScape's the main thing I go for... Runs straight in the browser and a huge community of some great (and not-so-great, haha) players. Other than that, I get hooked onto the little flash games on AddictingGames and Stickpage. I guess I'm more of a video game critic/reviewer, heh.

Yeah, the internet seems to have boomed in my generation (born in '90 and up), because when hearing stories about technology from my teachers, I learned how much the world has changed since.

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.