#1September 21st, 2009 · 02:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Classic ampers and songs
I was just listening through some of bandamps older collection..MAN that stuff was good.

I now realize that bandamp needs to continue to have active members and people uploading and getting help to come up with some of the MASTERPIECES that can easily be achieved.

Kudos with a kapital K to all those keeping the amp strong.
#2September 22nd, 2009 · 07:05 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
I suggested before and how to go about it would be a challenge but ....Bandamp Compilation album ...on itunes supported by ampers blogging to promote?
Cause you're right TK there is some great music here.
greg
hatz
#3September 23rd, 2009 · 01:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
i agree 100 per cent

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

I have tonite had a very very long conversation with an industry practitioner about bandamp producing its own compilation album and then letting it loose on say I-tunes .......

A first concern is quality ......... any chosen mp3 compressed track needs to be re-submitted at wav quality......
and thats just a starter!!!!!!

The biggest hurdle will be getting every potential contributor to agree TOTALLY on how any dividends (money) from the potential sale of ANYTHING associated with the 'playlist' 'album' should be treated... It really is a time to ditch any egos!!!!

my conversation with mr x lasted quite some time ........... and I am expecting to be able to 'fill out ' this topic further in the near future.......

THE IDEA IS GREAT.............................. DOING IT (RIGHT) IS VVVVERYYYY DIFFICULT.......

BUT I think we should for a change chase the dragon and see if we can make it happen....

The first step is the biggest .............. Ive taken it ..........

So lets see if its possible.......LETS DO IT FER REAL!!!!!

Swordfish
#4September 24th, 2009 · 02:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
quote=swordfish.............................. DOING IT (RIGHT) IS VVVVERYYYY DIFFICULT......./quote

No it's not, it's really easy ........if you want it to be! 

I agree 100% ..... It really is a time to ditch any egos!!!!

I do not agree that everything has to be re-recorded and sent in as WAV, I think that the songs that are decided on, for what ever number of 'compilation albums' should be the songs as they are on bandAmp.

Whats the legal side to taking songs that have been uploaded to the internet and selling them on the internet and putting the proceeds back into the site where they came from........without the artist consent?
Most members are never here....yet the site has so many really good songs.
#5September 24th, 2009 · 03:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
This is a great idea, and we need to get the ball rolling on this!
It does seem difficult, especially cause we need everyones consent who made some of these amazing songs, but I bet we could contact them?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.