#1September 3rd, 2009 · 01:05 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
About the huge number of guests all the time, I think someone said once that's because of Google's search engine that shows BandAMP on many of the non-related searches that people do (that's what I think it was said, but probably I'm wrong or I misunderstood)
And about the actual members, well, I guess it's a vicious circle (that started a few years ago, probably because of the battle system that wasn't ideal, or even the prizes' system): Once people realizes the site is quiet they stop visiting it, and so it becomes more quiet and then less people come here.
May be we should come up with something that brings BandAMP back to life. Probably if start a donation campaign to bring the prizes back, and then someone is in charge of managing that, then we could make the battles more active and then recover the attention of all the people not only to post songs, but also to comment and vote (let's don't forget that for participating in a battle you have to have a minimum amounts of your votes in other songs).
That's an idea. Let's see what people thinks.

> Iszil
#2September 4th, 2009 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This has been an on going subject since I joined in Feb 2007.

BandAMP let's face it has Little members who actually participate on a regular basis, more significantly, most of us are either studying or working during the day, so I think it's basically logistics.  This site survives on it's members.  It would need to be run as as full time organization for it to grow, it's the only way I see it will ever happen.

Having said that, I'm not really that concerned of whether the site grows, I quite like the way it is, I've made some great friends here, my music has improved 10 fold as a result of the replies from my threads, I simply love it.

JimDATMan was in charge of the Donations, As you may well know Jim has been going through a tough time financially, he's obviously got to prioritize and look after himself and his family, so perhaps someone should volunteer to help him out.

I put up a similar post in respect of 'where is everyone' recently, all the usual active members replied, so it would prove we are all still here, it's just sometimes we get bogged down in other things.

I've been busy on my album, there is so much to do and little time to do it.  I'm almost done, then will be back on the AMP on a regular basis.

Hmm, Must do the BandAMP video, I've got to do my parts, I think once one or two of us start the ball rolling others will follow suite.  Perhaps Members are worried how well there performance will be and shy of having a go. If that's the case, then perhaps we should do a trial run and share the video amongst ourselves??

Cheers AMPERS
#3September 4th, 2009 · 07:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Many times brought forth indeed...JimDa was taking donations,and as a matter a fact, that post might still be in the home page of our site..
My biggest issue is the lack of participation and honestly I've grown tired of the poster non reviewers,or even worst(for me) the well I guess i should at least review a few songs so i can post before I disappear for another 3 months.There always busy,but always seem to have time for have time to dig in into there on post but not others.
I would love to list to names but that wouldn't help any and can get me in trouble with adm.Now i find myself doing the same in a smaller scale,lol(I don't wait 3 months to come back with "oh hey I found an idea on a drawer what you guys think?"Anyways as far as the video the voting was done fair and square,yet I don't see any community context,nor emotional bind in the generation song.I was hoping for something more meaningful.Anyways for now I don't expect much from here except the friendship and support I always come to know on the amp( which is enough).Like many me too have been a victim of massive learning here and Im grateful for that.
#4September 6th, 2009 · 08:53 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
I KNOW!
Lyric review deffinitally could use some love, in fact the whole amp could use some love and inspiration.

I check in at least once a day.

I agree. More people. Members need to step it up, lets rock this site!!!!!!!!!!

-Sarah
#5September 10th, 2009 · 04:46 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow, I forgot how long its been but I haven't been on the amp in a while. My band and I are hard at work writing songs and trying to record them though, so the second we get one done we'll upload it.

I better start reviewing more stuff  

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.