#1July 22nd, 2009 · 10:33 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Whisper Bar live on itunes & amazon
We've finally managed to get our debut album 'Whisper Bar' up on itunes and Amazon .

We used tunecore and all seemed to go ok except they lost the submission for a while in cyber space  , but responded quickly and got it sorted .
Thank you to all ampers who reviewed songs and provided such great encouragement.
Now the fun part of marketing starts.
Naturally we will continue posting here to band amp and make tracks available for download to members ,however we won't be leaving them up longer than 6 months, so as to keep current.
We'd also like to make the cd available to some members for free so please feel free to PM you're snail mail address so we can post a hard copy when we get the artwork finished and copy run done .

thanks  & best regards
yoko

#2July 22nd, 2009 · 11:47 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Well congrats guys..That is awesome...I want to buy the CD so please let me know what do I need to do..Do I buy directly from the tuncore site?You guys are the best!
#3July 23rd, 2009 · 09:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Well congrats guys..That is awesome...I want to buy the CD so please let me know what do I need to do..Do I buy directly from the tuncore site?You guys are the best!

Ditto, send us a link to buy the CD, I may put up an album too, just don't have the time to market it.
How are you going to market the CD out of interest.
Way to go
Denis
#4July 28th, 2009 · 01:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very cool & good luck with sales! Yeah what Denis says I'd like to know more about marketing. I've had a CD up via tunecore, availble just about in every music webshop but I only made a few $ in 2 years.. lol. So I took it down, I wasn't happy with it anyway. Still there's tons of much more crappy music than mine selling much better, so I guess it's not the quality that matters It's marketing!

(and in your case there's no worry about quality - still would like to know how you'll deal with the marketing)

Keep us posted!
#5July 28th, 2009 · 07:40 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
working on learnin curve
think globally act local.
Working alone Am using internet eg taxi , facebook , myspace etc,tune core offer many tools for a price banners etc but there are other free suggestions . itunes album page itself through mix tapes and review , getting on and buying some other artist material and trying to kick start the genius app through itunes.So when people buy eg chambao / thievery cooperation or black eyed peas the genius goes heh people who bought this also bought yokoinc. Some bugs to be ironed on genius yet tho.
Auspiciously a tool for ampers who want to release music is the old Bandamp itself.
Great for the google search & we've steered traffic here through reviews .Every time I log on there are always over 100 ext visitors constantly.
As a community we could recruit some of these people & find an audience ,*(* they are already in the door upgrade from just listeners to punters.
. In fact we would love to help promote other artists through community.

Locally good music shops in busy locations not just cds but instruments too and good gear.
 I've found several local ones , bit of a musical heritage from this northern area of sydney...Midnight Oil, INXS etc , spoke to a =the manager and he wants to support local music ,,,,I bought a rode nt1a there a while ago so  they take 5 copies of the album  on consignment you set price and goes to visible and popular lounge chill section with the cafe del mar and ministry of sound etc shelf.
Any sales go to published charts.

http://www.jics.com/article3.htm

http://www.amrap.org/content.php?pageid=57  

These are links to some other sites.
In Japan we are looking at live house gigs teaming with Blakhatz and some friends from the Jama Band
Genki na ji ji =fiest old man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1xc-iVnas&feature=related

Local print media :we have several free big circulation papers with entertainment emphasis.
Japanese press is very active here in Sydney , there is a very established expat population , in fact if you go to Chatswood where we will do this gig you'd think you were in modern Asian city ... the food is fantastic.

So In Australia we look to book a good club room as function do cd launch with the Hatz ,Yokinc and some jazz dudes , make it a Sunday arvo so kids can come, run up some flyers, donate % to United Nations Refugee fund finish up with big all in sing along could be a  Beatles song ......GPAC  @ yellow submarine.

GAAAAAAAAAAAA
 I just want to play some songs.
#6August 5th, 2009 · 01:28 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Wisdom tooth distribution update
Went to dentist 2 day he's wanting a copy of cd to play while working on patients.
Well he did also take a wisdom tooff too..... sorry the novacane is still on.

There is  cd shop downstairs from dentist   take them on consignment 2.

http://www.phoenixmusic.com.au/

So I'm gonna have a nap in warm afternoon sun.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.