#1July 17th, 2009 · 05:58 PM
1 threads
2 posts
India
Plz help newbie with drums question
Hi all! Newbie here, need your help with the following: I'm looking for a drum sequencer freeware that has a preview facility so that I can preview each drum sound before sequencing. I have so many drum freeware, but none of them has preview feature. So I always find it hard to figure out how each drum instrument sounds. For example: Low Cabasa, Maracas, High Tom, Agogo, etc. etc.. It has become a big problem for me, so I need a freeware with drum sounds preview feature. Plz suggest if you know one such freeware..Plz don't suggest shareware, as I'm not in a position to purchase shareware right now, I have to go for freeware only. Thanks!
#2July 17th, 2009 · 10:10 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sorry i dont know any but theres tons of geniouses on here that know about that kind of stuff so im sure theyll pop up and comment. welcome to the amp!
#3July 19th, 2009 · 03:36 PM
1 threads
2 posts
India
Thankz!    I hope somebody here can help! I have beeen searching the web for such a freeware but no success so far.
#4July 20th, 2009 · 01:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well whenever I need anything, I visit kvraudio.com, it seems to have the largest and most complete collection of all software instruments around. There's vst effects, synths, sequencers, hosts, etc. The site features both freeware and commercial products. There's an elaborate search function available here. It may be worth a look. Good luck!
#5July 20th, 2009 · 04:55 PM
1 threads
2 posts
India
PuppetXeno wrote…
Well whenever I need anything, I visit kvraudio.com, it seems to have the largest and most complete collection of all software instruments around. There's vst effects, synths, sequencers, hosts, etc. The site features both freeware and commercial products. There's an elaborate search function available here. It may be worth a look. Good luck!

wow...thanks for the very helpful link Hope I will find what I'm looking for here.
#6July 21st, 2009 · 04:22 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I used Acoustica Beatcraft for drums sequences and I always worked perfectly ( preview included).
Try to find it on the web.

> Ish
#7July 21st, 2009 · 02:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Do you have a keyboard in your set up? If your sequencer is set up to play through the proper channel then you can play-back / audition the hits with the keyboard...?
Which program are you working in ? Cubase ? (hit the keys on the left in the key editor to audition sound/hit), FL (click to place a note in the piano role and it will preview the sound/hit automatically) .

I dont know much about other programs but they should all give you a way of previewing the sound beneath the keys , one way or another......they are audio/midi editing/producing programs ! 

I've had the same problem....not knowing how to hear the hits in a sequencer...I sussed it eventually ! 
If you havent got one , get a 'small cheap' GM midi keyboard ...... simply to preview sounds in sequencers....lol
That's what I did to eventually...I'll tell you it made life a lot easier !!

So have you got anything ready to upload?
#8July 21st, 2009 · 03:54 PM
1 threads
2 posts
India
Wow, thanks mates, I will check out ur recommends. My keyboard is ordinary PC keyboard. I gotta see if hitting any keys gives preview!
I found a cute little program that comes closest to my expectations, here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bumcyk/
here, clicking on the instrument code number gives preview sound. Not bad at all! Cheers!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 3:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.