1 2

#1November 7th, 2007 · 04:06 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
Hey It's Me, SlightlyStoopid
Hey everyone.  I'm kind of confused here.  I used to go to musictalk.com a lot, and hadn't for a while but came back and this forum came up but my log-in info still works...  Anyhow, I don't recognize any names here, but it's nice to meet everyone.  If I used to know you and you go by a different name now, just let me know...
#2November 7th, 2007 · 04:17 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Good timing, theres been talk about cleaning house with some of the old inactive accounts...  Welcome back, dive in and get involved! Reviews are highly appreciated as well as general post!
#3November 7th, 2007 · 05:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hey It's Me, SlightlyStoopid
hi ss welcome bak

the fish
#4November 7th, 2007 · 11:11 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the kind words.  I had no idea this place existed.  So did bandamp and musictalk both exist simultaneously and get merged or what happened?
#5November 8th, 2007 · 01:10 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
SlightlyStoopid wrote…
So did bandamp and musictalk both exist simultaneously and get merged or what happened?

Maybe the end of the world is coming... Two worlds, one website and a lot of music 

You must go to the Bandamp church as soon as possible (In the pit too and maaaany threads down) and read all the posts

That will clean your soul and you'll be blessed to find great musicians and a lot of friends here

This is dodo, 
#6November 8th, 2007 · 01:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heyhey SlightlyStoopid,

Musictalk was the predecessor of BandAMP, or more accurate: the place where BandAMP was conceived and born from. mud, who created musictalk (afaik) also created BandAMP, with the difference that BandAMP was going to be a site specifically for musicians and their own work, where musictalk was more for music in general (and also featured a politics discussion forum iirc).

We have been up and running since 2003, though most of the active members are from later date. Our first moderators all came from musictalk, our current ones (me and jimkdaadtman) are 2nd-gen members or: those who signed up to BandAMP directly, without having first been part of musictalk.

Since there have been some big changes on the administration side recently, my guess is that mud pulled the plug on musictalk (not much was happening there anymore anyway) and merged all musictalk user accounts into BandAMP.

Anyway, I hope this answers some of your questions. You are welcome to stay! Listen to some music in the Audio Review, and maybe upload your own! Have fun!
#7November 8th, 2007 · 02:56 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
PuppetXeno wrote…
Heyhey SlightlyStoopid,

Musictalk was the predecessor of BandAMP, or more accurate: the place where BandAMP was conceived and born from. mud, who created musictalk (afaik) also created BandAMP, with the difference that BandAMP was going to be a site specifically for musicians and their own work, where musictalk was more for music in general (and also featured a politics discussion forum iirc).

Well, there's a bit of something that I never knew.
#8November 8th, 2007 · 03:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool , sign in at one site, come out in another.
It your fate.....and your destiny !

Welcome back 

Now the big question is WHY did you join musictalk, you must have something to share.

Grab a paddle! lol
#9November 8th, 2007 · 02:23 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
I joined musictalk way back in like 2002 or 2003.  At the time I was looking for other musicians to chat with.  To be quite honest, I spent most of my time as a troll.  The forum crashed at a certain point, and so it just kind of died off and never really recovered.  I came back recently to see if any of the people I used to talk to were still on there, and then this popped up.

Everyone here seems cool so far, so I'm happy enough assimilating into this crowd.  It is very odd though, that all the years I was on musictalk, I had no idea this place even existed... I feel like I've been thrust into an alternate and parallel universe...
#10November 8th, 2007 · 06:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
SlightlyStoopid wrote…
I joined musictalk way back in like 2002 or 2003.  At the time I was looking for other musicians to chat with.  To be quite honest, I spent most of my time as a troll.  The forum crashed at a certain point, and so it just kind of died off and never really recovered.  I came back recently to see if any of the people I used to talk to were still on there, and then this popped up.

Everyone here seems cool so far, so I'm happy enough assimilating into this crowd.  It is very odd though, that all the years I was on musictalk, I had no idea this place even existed... I feel like I've been thrust into an alternate and parallel universe...

I must also say Welcome! I am so glad you decided to check it out...Let me also add that this community is the greatest on the web. And we welcome you with open arms. That being said, you must listen to the Bandamp Theme and also listen to Bandamp Freaks  

I hope that gets you filled with the spirit of Bandamp....  WE have lots of great members, and love to work together on songs, Our Christmas song is an incredible production of the wonderful members here

Hope to hear some of your music soon! 

JimK
#11November 8th, 2007 · 11:20 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
hey good to see another ss but hey i claim being called SS#1 yes!!!!!
anyway glad to see you here!!! enjoy your stay!!!
#12November 9th, 2007 · 12:20 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
butt
Number 2 fits you much better.. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...  :P   ok, seriously, he signed up first, before you, and so in that aspect he would be the number 1 SS, BUT, you were active on here, e disappeared for a loong time, and was never really active here, so that means you truly get the #1 rights. SO, it shall be, as decreed this day, by me, King of Noodles, His Majesty the Noodle King, THat Silent Slaughter from here out shall be the original SS, and that Slightly Stoopid from this day on shall be known as #2, Or just stupid, whichever you prefer.

JimK

#13November 9th, 2007 · 02:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Stoopie wrote…
I feel like I've been thrust into an alternate and parallel universe...
Mmmm! I know what you mean ! 
#14November 9th, 2007 · 02:59 AM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
Haha, well I'm glad you guys are happy to have me along.  As far as what to call me... someone pointed out on Musictalk that "SS" evokes the image of the Schutz-Staffel, so I was never called that.  Typically I was called Slightly, Stoop, Stoopid... or other variations of that.

I'll check out those songs when I can catch a break this weekend.
#15November 11th, 2007 · 12:54 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I like the name "stoopid".
Welcome to the community, Stoopid. Have fun.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.