#1May 28th, 2009 · 02:22 PM
2 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Question about reviewing music
OK, so basically my question is this. I have a couple Youtube vids of myself playing, and was hoping you guys could give me some feedback on it. Now, I have no intention of uploading these onto your server or whatever it is you guys do here, so is it okay to share, or still against the rules?  I used to post some stuff on here waaaay back even when it was guitare-tab.com (pre-Musictalk even), but I don't know what the deal is now.

Thanks guys.
#2May 28th, 2009 · 09:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Well in general when someone drops a link and we dont know who this person is we get all iffy about it..Many of us put links up but mostly active members or people we know as part of the community..I think the best way if your not going to really get involved with the community is by doing exactly what your doing which is asking and see what people say..For me I have no issues as long as its music related..You can Pm the link if you want Ill check it out..
#3May 29th, 2009 · 07:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Why not upload the song here on the amp with a youtube link, I'm sure that will be perfertly acceptable to all.

Cheers

Denis
#4May 29th, 2009 · 12:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
What they said.

Well in order to upload your track you need to comment to other people's music, this is to stimulate people to interact with the community. That's basically what this site is about. If you want people to become genuinely interested in what you do, the most logical thing to do is to become genuinely interested in what they do, right? 
#5May 29th, 2009 · 01:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
What they said.

Well in order to upload your track you need to comment to other people's music, this is to stimulate people to interact with the community. That's basically what this site is about. If you want people to become genuinely interested in what you do, the most logical thing to do is to become genuinely interested in what they do, right?  :razz:

Right on PX
#6June 1st, 2009 · 05:00 PM
2 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the responses guys. For those interested, my channel at YouTube can be found at the follow link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/34ptruth34
#7June 1st, 2009 · 05:48 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
hey I think you should post your songs here too like what denis says. I feel that this is somewhat cheating. You know the rule with "for every song that you do you have to review three other songs". I mean I have enough posts for a dozen of songs, but I like listening to other poeple's music and leaving a comment on what I think of it. And I think you should too!
Welcome to bandamp!!
#8June 2nd, 2009 · 06:52 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
try......
www.listentoyoutube.com!!!
download your songs and upload them on the site!!
#9June 3rd, 2009 · 09:50 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I saw the vids..Nice solo work..Gary Moore is great....I think you can find the backing track for this songs and do them without there solo parts..You can also write your own stuff as it sounds like your a good Gt player..
Any originals?
#10June 4th, 2009 · 12:17 AM
2 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Thanks for watching. Honestly, I don't write my own stuff, because I don't stray out of the blues genre very much, and very little that I could dream up could be deemed truly my own. Blues in the pinnacle of recycled and reused ideas, and I'm nowhere near special enough on the axe to create blues tunes that would mean anything. The vids are note-for-note, but basically I just cover things and add my own improvs and flavor.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.