#1May 27th, 2009 · 07:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So you know of http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/ ? That's for the vocals bit, well some of them anyway.
As for putting up whole new sections or forums for specific 'talents', I denno, thats in TLSs hands, if I was him I'd be thoroughly pissed off as some bright spark comes along with some bloody good idea just as I was about to publish the site! LOL
But seriously though Minds you yourself suggested 'The Market Place' for exactly this kind of thing, advertising your wares ! And I do believe TLS has created such a forum in the new site.

You either have to trust that the person advertising puts keywords in the text and that TLS can make a very good and useful search function for the new site.
Or 'someone' has to come up with a system of links that gather / display all posts from vocalists or relevant posts or from guitarists or relevant posts etc
OR put a text box somewhere prominent with "Looking for a vocalist" and "Guitarists offer services" and "Buy or sell your guitar" as links in it, which would open the Market forum page with those posts on top.

If a vocalist or guitarist have demos of their work they could be posted into the Projects like any other MP3, they could give an explanation on that page, with a picture , they would have their Home Page to really sell themselves. The demo page would come up under Projects, Audio Review and The Market.
as long as it is not seen as spam when it does happen...that people only come to sell their talents.

I personally think the sharing and offering of settings files through bandAmp would be a massive boost to the usage of the site. Again you'd have to have a good search/listing function , from somewhere , the Marketplace maybe? to separately display all the different file types.
I mentioned SF2 audio font files before, but I was told to think about copyrights and alike.....I did and I still think that sharing settings and presets files is ok, as long as it's your own work, they are settings files not the programs themselves.  
There are also people out there who make their own VST plugins.....also an avenue to keep open.

I can imagine a Project page to be quite an amazing place to be.....all the MP3 tracks involved, a picture, a bit of a story, the lyrics, the video clip, the settings files and .flp or .all files that make up the project and then under all that all the members comments.   

TLS where are youuuu ! ........     
#2June 1st, 2009 · 05:23 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
Hi. My names Downtownsasquatch.... i can play guitar/sing.... think kings of leon meets matchbox 20

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 12:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.