#1May 20th, 2009 · 01:29 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Open Mic
I went to a open mic last night and performed.It was the first time that I have went to a open mic in some time...I was the only one doing original songs...It was a real confidence builder. The crowd really liked what I did..I was surprised how they got in to it. The applause was a great feeling..One guy asked me if I wanted to get together to see what we can come up with..I think it might work out..we are the same age and we like the same kind of music..So, just a small update on whats going on in my small world of Music...
#2May 20th, 2009 · 02:17 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I've always respected people who write original music, over the ones who just sing everyone else's songs.  Great job, man 

Best of luck to you!
#3May 20th, 2009 · 09:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What a wonderful world, yeah it just goes to show if you make an effort to be heard you can meet interesting people, hope it works out fot you.

Cheers
#4May 20th, 2009 · 01:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Good show Ralph. Hope you can work some cool tunes out with your new found friend.
I used to do the open podiums in a bar round here just for the experience. I also only did my own stuff...but then acappella LOL, poor folk crowd didn't know what hit them!
Keep it up...it's the only way to get your songs into their heads and harts. Did you tell them they could listen to your stuff on bandAmp?
#5May 26th, 2009 · 04:00 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I was thinking of doing a few cover songs for the people...since they were looking at me and saying to themselves.." what the hell is he playing"...while the were kinda keeping in beat with the song...lol...but I have a few cover songs..I think that might be a good idea....Kings..Ill mention that to them tonight about Bandamp..very good idea also...I plan on going tonight if things are going well...I have been housebound because I pulled muscle in my back..but things are getting better..I hope to see that guy I met last week also and see what comes about...I never did email any work to him as of yet...I was thinking that it might be a good idea to talk more with him first...we only met once and I want to be sure of the situation before I email any work to him....

Thanks for the comments
TLS...Kings & Denis
#6May 26th, 2009 · 05:27 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The open mic stuff is pretty fun to do, eh Ralph. I've done a few now, with acoustic on my own (scary), acoustic with a mate (much more fun!), and my band (much easier).  Each time it's been a great buzz.  We only performed covers, and that was fine as people joined in with singing the familiar songs.  Next acoustic one it's going to be a mixture of original and covers - to me, the people that go down that route seem to get the best response from their own songs as the covers "warm up" the audience.
Keep it up though buddy!!!
Cheers
Jim A
#7June 12th, 2009 · 06:11 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I need to find an open mic night.. I really enjoyed playing live the 2 times I have done it lmao... I wanna do it all the time!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.