#1May 19th, 2009 · 10:55 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
radios related question
Does anyone have an idea from where to get one of those apps that I could use to record web radios? I thought it would be better if I asked asked first for an opinion.
#2May 19th, 2009 · 12:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
go to www.listen.grooveshark.com you can listen to whatever you want whenever you want
#3May 19th, 2009 · 12:37 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
but.. do you mean that you would like to record the audio from the website itself?

Any program which can monitor the "Stereo mix" channel should be able to record something for you.  (Just turn off your computer noises, or else you'll be recording and you'll get random noises from Skype in your recording )

Audacity would work, for instance.
#4May 19th, 2009 · 12:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
#5May 20th, 2009 · 05:36 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
thanks for the warm welcome guys.Actually that's what I hand in mind, not to listen the radio from the website but to record it for later playback on my phone.
I think I'd prefer something that doesn't also record the background noise.Gonna look at that link.But have you actually tried any of those apps?
#6May 20th, 2009 · 10:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
leeoroy wrote…
I think I'd prefer something that doesn't also record the background noise.Gonna look at that link.But have you actually tried any of those apps?
If your replying to me, No, I haven't tried those apps...simply because I dont see the point recording radio.

But you can just use your built in audio card and just record it with an audio recorder just like TLS said , and indeed watch out for PC sounds! lol

I have been to a site recently where they had something like this but I was after different programs so I passed it by, and I'm sorry I haven't got a clue which site that was now !  
#7May 21st, 2009 · 06:01 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
well, that's ok.Been looking at the link you gave me from google.I think I'm gonna try my luck with the ones mentioned on about.com, they seem to be quite reliable.Let's see which one seams more appealing to me.

http://radio.about.com/od/recordstreamingaudio/a/blrecordinghub.htm
#8June 11th, 2009 · 09:19 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Hmm, found one of those that seems rather interesting, Radiotracker. As far as I read it has a huge database with stations, that must be a plus.
#9June 24th, 2009 · 07:57 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Just wanted to say that I think I'm gonna get that Radiotracker app I was talking about.Found some other reviews for it and seems to do a pretty good job. Liked the results, as far as I tried it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.