117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i don't know if anybody knows how it works
#2May 19th, 2009 · 12:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
how do you think the House Mix should work in the future?  Right now it's pretty "hands off" and nobody can really directly pick songs for it.

My thought is to have it constantly rotate with some of the best rated songs from the last month or two...
#3May 19th, 2009 · 06:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
how do you think the House Mix should work in the future?  Right now it's pretty "hands off" and nobody can really directly pick songs for it.

My thought is to have it constantly rotate with some of the best rated songs from the last month or two...
Does it have to be stuck to the top of the page?
I've started seeing a lot of sites use a pop-up, I personally find it less 'aggressive' than that beasty of a thing!
I also miss a link to the song that's playing..........I might have also just not found it yet !
#4May 20th, 2009 · 02:20 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
mm.. you're right :P  I think people have been afraid of pop-ups for a while, because it's like bad Feng Shui if the user has a pop-up blocker.  But, that aside-- I prefer to work from the assumption that the user isn't mentally incapacitated.  The pop-up is probably the best way to go.
#5May 20th, 2009 · 10:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
mm.. you're right :P  I think people have been afraid of pop-ups for a while, because it's like bad Feng Shui if the user has a pop-up blocker.  But, that aside-- I prefer to work from the assumption that the user isn't mentally incapacitated.  The pop-up is probably the best way to go.
Yes, I've seen the old popups on Radio sites and music sites.
My blocker does not block them because I have to click a link to open the 'player window', so it's not actually a popup, just a small separate window, minus menus etc.

As for the way to go ... I dont know , popups or flash players,
I'd like to see applets, something similar to a sidebar gadget, a player that you open from a web page but can be moved around your desktop, not only loose from the page but from the browser window too.
I know this is now not possible, just wondering which way I'd like to see it go. 
#6May 20th, 2009 · 03:45 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you've actually sparked an idea in me... most of us are probably windows users, and we could try to put together an official desktop gadget for Vista/Windows 7 that works with the new site.  It would be an amazing little tool, which could be everything that you've said you wanted.

As for other operating systems, like Mac, we could try to throw together something similar as a browser toolbar, but I'm not as keen on that.  I'm not sure how realistic it is, either.  Most toolbars interact with some software already on your computer, but toolbar that can play songs from the amp would need to be an application in its own right.

I'm very interested in seeing this gadget thing become a reality.  Thanks very very much for the thoughts you've had.
#7May 20th, 2009 · 03:58 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sounds awesome

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.