#1April 15th, 2006 · 02:12 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Noodle Knights
OK.....

As the Noodle King, I need Noodle Knights!!   As of now, I have Dubbed my first knight, MaxDb is now and shall forever be known as Sir Dabblealot... I need more knights!! 

Lets see those noodle tracks!   IF YOU PUT NOODLE TRACK ON HERE.. Email me at HisMajestytheKing@thenoodleking.com and check out my webpage that will soon be up at http://thenoodleking.com  of course I still have my original site http://jkoontz.com

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#2April 15th, 2006 · 03:47 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
what the heck is a noodle trac?
and jim....i should worthy of knighthood of any thing assoc. with noodles!
#3April 15th, 2006 · 04:06 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
A noodle track, is a recording of you practicing, playing around on your instrument... if it's your guitar, then maybe it is you running scales, and doin some crosspickin, just playin around.. not really playing anything in particular..

And I believe you are worthy..... Would love to hear a noodle track, would definitely help me come up with a knightly name for you.. as for now, I am leaning towards Sir LotsOchops

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#4April 17th, 2006 · 06:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
OK....

For our Noodle Knights

We have MaxdB as "Sir Dabblealot"
                 Guckingfuy as "Sir Smokesalot"
                 Iszil as "Sir Shredsalot"

Our Court Minstrel is villainesque.... And we have many others who i know are worthy, I just need a Noodle Track...  Email it to me at hismajesty@thenoodleking.com
  or post it here, and email me the notice that it is here... I am also going to update the site now with the List of Knights... and their noodleistic artwork....  

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#5April 17th, 2006 · 11:52 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
PAGE UPDATE!
I now have added to the page...

I have your Noodle Tracks, and pictures of each of you in Armor, except for Sir Smokesalot, and Villanesque, as You had no pictures, so I made a picture of what I think you look like..If you want your real pictures on there, email it to me... and I will get it on there...

Anyway... Hope you like it....  And Hopefully we will get some more noodle tracks on there...

Let's get Noodling...
                        Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#6April 19th, 2006 · 07:52 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
NEW NOODLE KNIGHTS!
ADDED:

Micosis is "Sir Flamencosis"
         Dodosito is "Sir Axealot"
         Jiminuk is "Sir Riffsoplenty"

Keep em coming... this is great... really neat noodle tracks... I am enjoying listening to them...  NOODLE ON!!

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#7April 20th, 2006 · 09:58 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
And one more
Chill is now "Sir AborRIFFonee" the gator down under...

to check out all the Noodle Knights tracks, Check the website!!!!

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
                               http://thenoodleking.com
#8April 23rd, 2006 · 03:36 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
We also have now,

PuppetXeno as Sir Trippsalot, Oldies as the Court Jester, and Swordfish as Sir Notalot

Keep em coming....

They sound wonderful!!!

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#9April 24th, 2006 · 12:31 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
NEW THINGS ON WEBSITE~
I have now added a full feature Forum, that allows you to upload MP3's and Pictures, as well as a CHat room... The Chatroom I am hosting entirely on my Web server, but the chat room is a freebie little java thing...  I am working on writing my own Chat script, but haven't got it all working right yet... 

Anyway, Check it out, and have fun!!
                          Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#10April 24th, 2006 · 02:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Fairly cool my Lord...

but the chat seems out of order, and I couldn't access the forum page?

anyway, I will be out on a mission. Gotta keep the noodles coming...

Fare thee well... until later....

- sir Trippsalot
#11May 23rd, 2006 · 12:13 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I had some people ask....
What do the names mean?  I guess the terminlogoy I use in the names, like chops and shred left some confusion...

so to clear it up....

Buzz = Sir Lotsochops  this means he has more "chops" than most people... in other words, he is a DANG good Guitarist and songwriter... he puts serious emotion and feeling into what he plays, so that when you hear it, you actually become part of the song...

Iszil = Sir Shredsalot this means he can lay down some hot solos and lead guitar work.. when it comes to rock, he is your man to get the crowd fired up...

CHill = Sir AboRIFFonee  which is a play on words.. He is Down under in Australia, where Aborigonees live, so I took that, added riff ( I am sure you understand that word) and there ya have it....

JiminUK = Sir Riffsaplenty see above, it makes sense now....

Micosis = Sir Flamencosis  well Flamenco style guitar and Micosis together equal well, you get the idea....

Dodosito= Sir Axealot well, an AXE is a guitar, or any instrument, this dates back to the 20's and 30's jazz terminology....

Puppetxeno = Sir Trippsalot well, he said he wanted a band named Tom Tripper, so, I used that, and came up with this...

Swordfish = Sir Notalot This is because he is he is Swordfish, and because I said so.. get over it.. hahaha....

MaxdB = Sir Dabblealot well, because he dabbles in some various styles of guitar playing that arent his normal style, and although others do too, he was the first to get the noodle name with dabblealot.. so HA.

Guckingfuy = Sir Smokesalot well, because of a certain post with a certain reference.. I am sure you can figure it out.....

Aetheris = Sir Technalot because he is the Techno master...  He has mad skills with getting some crazy cool beats together...

Hope this clears things up!!!!!

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#12May 24th, 2006 · 06:13 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Noodle history
i wondered about the term Noodling as soon as you used this word JimK, but (thought) i understood immediatly what you ment, so i assumed it was a common word for jammin, freaking or dabbling

so i joined you and uploaded my worst playing and used the word 'noodling'... http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2268.html

and to my surprise suddenly i was sir Dabblealot 

lots of knights were there and a site as well, so i wondered, this is the history as far as i know it, but is there a  noodle history before that Jim?

btw, if you want another noodle you should download my song 'TV' soon(if its worthy enough ofcourse), because it is gonna be deleted and worked up to real (serious) song
i hope 

Max  Dabbles-and-Babbles-a-lot
#13May 24th, 2006 · 06:59 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok...
The term Noodling, goes back musically at least to the 20's and 30's Swing/Jazz era, and possibly before that...  It is in reference to just fiddling around with your instrument(clean minds people)..  It has been a source of inspiration for millions of musicians worldwide for centuries, no matter what it was or is called...  The art of noodling is something we all do, all the time...  In a band, when your practicing in between gigs, after a song, or when the drummer and the singer are arguing about tempo and a fill the singer thinks drowns his voice, ever just let your fingers walk around the fret board? or when the bassist and the drummer argue about timing? that was most of the arguments in every band I was part of...

Anyway, that is noodling.....  so, noodle away ladies and gents.....
Here is a link to some nice swing era music slang expressions and definitions....
           http://nfo.net/usa/slang.html

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#14May 25th, 2006 · 04:50 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
was just checking out the Noodle site    pretty cool Jim  ....It must of been time consuming to make the site     who knows  I may have a noodle or 2  somewhere in me

Ralph
#15May 25th, 2006 · 09:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ditto
ditto, liked the pictures, and the noodle buttons. very cool.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.