#1April 29th, 2009 · 06:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
My new G&L Guitar from '87
Hey guys. I thought I'd post pics and a little info on this new G&L guitar I picked up from a friend. The strange thing is, is that the headstock has no logo on it. It has the original whammy bar, and it says G&L on the pickups, the bridge, and on the back. (See pictures.) Maybe its some G&L prototype? It sounds great I can duplicate gilmour's tones so well with my setup I couldnt be happier.

I think its some kind of an SC-3 or something. What do you guys think? Here are the pics: (if you need any more angles or whatever just let me know.) 
Also, who's Wes? lol

#2April 29th, 2009 · 08:01 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ahhh got love the natural wood look..Do we get to hear it soon..I see the floyd song book!!!!!Nice selection of guitars too...Be careful with Fiddlah he likes washburn guitars,he may steal yours..lol..Jk..
Looks great!!
#3April 29th, 2009 · 08:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
G&L I like em better than fenders.   It;s Leo Fenders line of guitars after the Fender guitar buy out or sell thing he did with Fender guitars.. They are play and sound great. I 've owned 2 of them ..Walt Chambers my guitar teacher (haven't had a lesson in quite awhile though) uses only G&L guitars at his shows.
#4April 29th, 2009 · 08:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Marino wrote…
Ahhh got love the natural wood look..Do we get to hear it soon..I see the floyd song book!!!!!Nice selection of guitars too...Be careful with Fiddlah he likes washburn guitars,he may steal yours..lol..Jk..
Looks great!!

Yeah man I love the look and it feels so great. the neck is great and the body is smaller and thinner than fenders i really like it.
Oh yeah you'll be hearing lots of it soon. I used it once already in Night for one of the rythm sections and I think the ending solo. I didn't have it all setup and tuned in then, so it sounds much better now. lol yeah washburn guitars are pretty decent, i've always liked their quality.

P.S. I'll be using this G&L for the talent show. ITS SOOOO LIGHT!!! I think its poplar wood, but its super light and sounds great.

toastedgoat wrote…
G&L I like em better than fenders.   It;s Leo Fenders line of guitars after the Fender guitar buy out or sell thing he did with Fender guitars.. They are play and sound great. I 've owned 2 of them ..Walt Chambers my guitar teacher (haven't had a lesson in quite awhile though) uses only G&L guitars at his shows.

Yeah I like G&L better than fender now too. I hadn't even heard of G&L until my friend showed me this guitar. I did a bunch of research on G&L and I like em a lot. all hand-made guitars and not all of this factory production crap for big-sellers/big-companies like fender and gibson.

this thing plays so great and sounds so great! its supposedly one of the lower end student models too! (i think they go from $650-$800 right now) (although those do have the logo on the headstock.)

man you wont believe the tones im getting. ill have to record a quick floyd cover and show ya.
i just plug in my phase 90 and my crybaby wah, adjust some settings on the amp and the guitar and WHAM. SPEECHLESS.
this thing is put together VERY well. we took everything apart on the guitar and its better wired and made than most fenders youd ever see. what a quality instrument.
theres all this copper shielding inside and theres usually not too much buzzing. (if i turn the gain on my amp up a lot then it starts to) but because its reverse wound or whatever when i switch it to the 2nd or 4th pickup position the buzzing goes away
#5April 29th, 2009 · 10:04 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Totally awesome Kunadiun buddy!   And M is correct... although I wouldnt steal anything.... I most certainly LOVE Washburn electrics.  I had one back in the early 80s and it was stolen from me.  If you didnt know, here is a little bit of history of the Washburn elec for you... They were actually endorsed and created by Marshall at 1st.. as you know, their sound is totally awesome as well as their all around quality  i.e. action, tone, fretboard etc etc..... and yours is black..... just like mine was...  *beautiful axe~!   Hey you didnt happen to buy that from someone in southern California.... did you?  LOL  J'kn   *thats where mine was  stolen...... right after a gig we did in LA   *Bummah..   I miss that guitar so much..... and as far as your new one... *cant wait to hear it buddy
 And yes... you do have quite the collection happening... and I'm sure you'll put every single one of them to good use too!   *Rock on Brothah^  ~ !
Fid  *s
#6April 29th, 2009 · 10:33 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh wow cool fiddlah..i didnt know that about washburn. i just knew they were great quality made instruments.
no i bought this one online from music123, this is a discontinued model (Washburn X-25 w/ Floyd Rose bridge)

it actually isnt black (although its hard to tell from the picture) its some kind of a cool dark cherry red. some pictures and lightings just dont do it justice. this one is a little better:

the one on the left is my washburn bass. ill try and take another picture with better lighting that really shows the cool finish on the guitar.
#7April 29th, 2009 · 10:43 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
congrats
lol the headstock is kinda funny but wow what a nice guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun with that.

now for me,,,,,,,,,, just need like 1000 more bux :S
#8April 30th, 2009 · 12:12 AM
42 posts
United States of America
wow those are really beautiful guitars!
#9April 30th, 2009 · 12:08 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks connor and tarus.

oh hey fiddlah i forgot...sorry about your guitar being stolen man. that sucks. i would die if any of my guitars were stolen.
did you get another washburn?
#10May 6th, 2009 · 07:59 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Yeah that is a pretty nice guitar. sounds good through your tube amp too. although i prefer Hums over singles that guitar does sound very good.
#11May 6th, 2009 · 10:17 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah see thats the thing. i have my washburn for humbuckers, and then the G&L for the single coil strat sound.
i use the washburn for things like: Rush, The Who and more "heavier" rock songs, and the g&l for more "bluesy" rock songs...like: Pink Floyd and so on
#12May 16th, 2009 · 07:08 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Makes sense. I would've bought it too if someone offered it to me for that price lol.
#13May 17th, 2009 · 10:59 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.