#1April 28th, 2009 · 02:19 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
the beta... it's cooomiiing~!
I have not gotten the site onto the bandamp server yet, but I have it running on my own linux machine here at my place.  I'll will be posting the link within a day or two.  I just need to iron out a few more things.  And honestly, although it doesn't look like much, the foundational inner workings are majorly different than our current bandamp, which will allow for a whole lot of really cool stuff.

The site lacks a lot of the frilly visual things that I envision.. Flash enhancements (simple ones, but effective ones), all that doo-dah.  But now that the groundwork is in place, the festivities shall soon being...

For any interested, I have the SVN working, which primarily should be used for theming (for the time being).  In order to see it, I'll have to authorize you.  In the future, I'd like to make it publicly viewable, but right now I've got sensitive information in the repositories, so until I isolate specific user privileges to view specific parts, I'm keeping it locked down a bit.

kings, you already have a user account on both the beta site and for the svn.  You've been my test account   I took the liberty of choosing a default picture for you :P I hope you like it.

Tim
#2April 28th, 2009 · 02:30 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
awesome man i cant wait to see what youve got going!
#3April 28th, 2009 · 07:20 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
WOOOOOOTTTTT
D o i t !!!!!!!!!
#4April 28th, 2009 · 11:12 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ok! So now I have to find those addresses once more....!

I'm glad I could be of some use !!!

Hmm yes preparations for 'TLS Day', the greatest day of festivity on bandAmp.....we'll have to think of something...
#5April 28th, 2009 · 11:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cool! However what do you mean, flash enhancements? I need Bandamp to run on my mobile phone, so please don't do anything that might impair that possibility!
#6April 28th, 2009 · 01:17 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Cool! However what do you mean, flash enhancements? I need Bandamp to run on my mobile phone, so please don't do anything that might impair that possibility!

I absolutely intend to make it work on mobile devices.  In fact, I'd like to write some CSS specifically for those platforms, in order to make the site fit a little better on those smaller screens and stuff.
#7April 28th, 2009 · 11:19 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…

I absolutely intend to make it work on mobile devices.  In fact, I'd like to write some CSS specifically for those platforms, in order to make the site fit a little better on those smaller screens and stuff.
OMG iPhone users rejoice!!! Tim you are Zeus in another life!!! Tls day needs to be a universal holliday!!!
#8April 29th, 2009 · 01:36 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I can host it for you if need be.  You know how to get in touch with me.
#9April 29th, 2009 · 01:42 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
avinashv wrote…
I can host it for you if need be.  You know how to get in touch with me.

Thanks-- I've got a linux box running with it up right now, with some love from dyndns.com (now that i've got my friggin rotating IP under control... i swear, I've never seen an IP rotate every 2 minutes like mine will sometimes!)

I'm not opposed to redundancy, though   It might be a neat experiment to get some database/cache load-balancing one day...  *shrug*
#10April 29th, 2009 · 03:23 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Yeah, definitely.  It would be pretty sucky if the site was down because someone tripped on the power, you know what I mean?  Speaking of which, running a box 24/7, even headless on a power-optimized configuration produces heat and requires a bunch of electricity.

What are you running, if you don't mind my asking?

Oh, and DynDNS FTW.  I manage my parents' BitTorrent on the media PC in their living room through the intertubes via the wonder of DynDNS' gorgeous service.  If you haven't checked it out already, uTorrent has a great WebUI (so does Transmission).
#11April 29th, 2009 · 03:31 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
avinashv wrote…
What are you running, if you don't mind my asking?

Currently its ubuntu 8.10's server edition, but I may try to make it something more like freebsd/centos or something, I think.  I love the way ubuntu is laid out (beats the snot out of our current FreeBSD bandamp server!!), but I'm not sure how power-friendly it is by default.  The computer is pretty low-power already (90 or 120 watt power supply-- i can't remember which :P ), but the OS might be able to help out.

In all honesty, the OS was setup as my playground for learning unix over the last couple of years, since it's a bit more presentable as a starter OS than many others.

avinashv wrote…
If you haven't checked it out already, uTorrent has a great WebUI (so does Transmission).

I haven't used the webui, but uTorrent has been my program of choice.  I should get into it a bit more.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 4th, 2024 · 10:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.