#1September 30th, 2007 · 11:54 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Bow ChikaChika Goat Interview!
MM:So,what got you into music?

Goat:hmm ,well my parents liked  the Lawrence welk show so they got my brother to start with the accordian lessons at age 5 , I idolized my older brother so when I turned 5 I did the same, I took accordian till I was 13, then I saw Jimi hendrix on Don Kirshners Rock concert, playing Purple Haze … that was it,I switched that week .. started taking whatever I knew about music and put it to the guitar.that was around 1973,and I first started music lessons in 1965.

MM:Wow,so you’ve been around for awhile and seen the music change.What was for favorite change?

Goat:Well I think my favorite music comes from some of the older musicians like the Allman Brothers and Robin Trower, and Jazz Fusion guys like Lee Rittnour(sp) and Al De Meola,but I think that what I liked most was the change in the early 90’s when  it went from big hair bands and looks to just guys jammin more..  plus it took vocalist from singing in extreme high ranges and put it into more of a normal singing range..(Even though one of my favorite all time 80’s bands is Blue Murder.)

MM:What’s your favorite kind of music to listen to and to play?

Goat:Well that is hard to answer cause it changes with my moods;sometimes  hard rock, sometimes metal, somtimes jazz, classical, pop…I probably listen to Rock music the most though.Plus some middle eastern and eastern music, I also love the indie stuff especially the bandamp music,but Lately I have been getting into bluegrass and celtic music.For playing music my favorites would be Rock Jazz fusion,and progressive rock.
#2September 30th, 2007 · 11:55 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
MM:I’m gonna jump subjects here,but how do you feel about bandAMP?

Goat:Well I have come to love bandamp…The whole idea that Mud had about musicians coming together helping each other through forums , critiques, battles( i do believe that the competition from battles would bring out some of the best music from us). and the brother/sisterhood (friendships) that develop from this site and the music it brings forth.It’s not only fun but informative, plus a little addictive,too.

MM:Well seeing as you’ve been on the AMP for quite some time,why do you still log in?

Goat:I have developed some friends on this site that I admire and appreciate, not just musically but on a personal level.I like to respond to their music and efforts and if they post something in the forums  that I might feel I can put in two cents worth  then  I feel like I should respond .. It sucks sometimes you post a thread an no one responds ..lol(or a song).I am busy lately with getting the bands music all together for the upcoming show and doing recordings there so I don’t get to listen and critique the music nearly as much as I would like.

MM:Seeing as how the AMP is being turned over to a member,who do you think is most qualified for it or should we just try and find someone?

Goat:Well I would like to see maybe a committee or group of people voted in to oversee the operation of the website and development of this site this would include  programmers, moderaters, and possibly a couple of people given the position of developing  maybe some industry contacts…ie  music Lawyers, A/R label connections for critques and advice, recording studio pros for  guest advice columns on such things like recording techniques and equipment usage  etc.( these of course are just some ideas)…maybe even some guest musical writers  like guys that do music for things like commercials and movies.
#3September 30th, 2007 · 11:57 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
MM:Apparently you have gigs…Any chance of you travleing across the U.S?

Goat:We are looking to not only do a us tour but are really looking into jumping the pond and doing a Europe and down under tour,maybe even Japan  if we can get things set up.

MM:What’s one thing us ampers don’t know about you goat?

Goat: the one thing..hmm there is probably a bunch of things  but  one thing ….Lets see now …..Don’t let this get around cause the other goats might not like it  but ……I don’t really like to eat grass
#4October 1st, 2007 · 12:03 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Just wanted to say thanks to Mr.Goat for an awesome interview!
It was great man!

And just wanted to say:I notice a lot of views but hardly any comments;if you think it's crap,tell me.If you think it rocks,tell me.t doesn't have to be a lengthy response or anything just something to give me an idea of what the people think.
And if any fo you have any suggestions let me know!
Coming up:Flyer interview(had technical difficulties with audio so I'm just gonna write it all down.)
#5October 1st, 2007 · 01:08 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Brilliant interview! Great job, Meow!  Im loving this whole thing.  I would like to see even more in depth interviews! Make them even longer and start asking the interviewee about his/her process for writing and creating music, not to mention the equipment these people use!  this is a music site afterall! We want to know!  But you are doing just awesome!  Keep it up!  Maybe the new peeps will give us an interview section!!!
#6October 1st, 2007 · 01:12 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thanks Marapoo ^___^
Well I'm doing some research for music questions and all that so I should be getting some better ideas here soon.
I can only hope :]
hmm..something else to bring up...
and thanks again for reading!
#7October 1st, 2007 · 03:49 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
amazing interview,

I think I'm crazy 'cause here is 2.48am and I couldn't stop reading your interviews

good job

dodo
#8October 1st, 2007 · 09:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hehe great work again Meow, keep it up! It would be cool if you could do one interview a week, which you have been doing thusfar (iirc)... I made a front page post where we'll put the links to the interviews, I hope you're ok with that.

So, keep it up!
#9October 1st, 2007 · 12:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Another great interview, Meow-person! The interview has great flow and even though I know and admire the Goat-man, I learned some stuff here I didn't know. I loved the interview and Goat, you rock! Oh...I HAVE to make note of your creative titles for these interviews, too! (BowChikaChikaGoat......and that one for PuppetXeno's interview....I'm still trying to figure that one out....but it's all good...)Love your stuff....
#10October 1st, 2007 · 12:42 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thanks you guys!I know there was a bunch of other questions I could've asked,but unfortunately I forgot them! lol
battlecat:Thanks.With goat's,I just got done watching the Bow Chicka Wow Wow commercial and I thought i was funny!But with PX's,my mom actual helped with that one.I said,"Hmm...Help me with this title mom...PX Interview.Boring eh?Spice it up!"
She's like,"What's a PX?Sounds like something you would find in your refrigerator and say,'Ahhhh...Can't you smell that lovely PX?!' "
It was amusing so yeah! lol(rambling)

But if anyone has any suggestions for anything let me know
#11October 1st, 2007 · 12:56 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
rofl....now I understand!!
#12October 1st, 2007 · 09:49 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
LoL It was a be there kind of thing :P
#13October 16th, 2007 · 03:09 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
theres no doubt about it
toasted goat has certianly been interviewed! wow its good to know info about this wonderful musician..thanks mm...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.