1 2

#1April 21st, 2009 · 12:00 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
BandAMP Acoustic Sessions
So, given that my previous attempt at getting people to just post a simple video of them playing something silly and unplugged didn't work out, I thought I'd try again now that we've got a bunch of people wanting to do a BandAMP video collaboration.

Watch mine here: http://files.avinashv.net/misc/wave-of-mutilation.mov
Warning, I make some really, really odd faces when I play and sing at the same time--I've never quite watched my face when I do this so I was a little surprised.  There's parts in there that look like I got hit below the belt.

Now you: take 5 minutes; pick up your guitar, get in front of your camera, hit record and play a song and sing.  Preferably a suitably famous cover so we can sing along, but do whatever.  I now know exactly which of you have a camera and a guitar (or keys, or a capella etc.) thanks to Marino's convenient list, so no hiding this time.

I'd be happy to host the video for you: upload it temporarily to http//senduit.com or something and email me the link; I'll upload it to my webspace and it'll sit there forever, hopefully.
#2April 21st, 2009 · 12:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweet I'll take a look at the video and record me doing one!
this computer doesnt have anything that plays mov files so ill go on another one.
#3April 21st, 2009 · 12:19 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Oh, I just used Quicktime to record it...if you're on Windows I highly recommend Quicktime Alternative: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/quicktime_alternative.htm
#4April 21st, 2009 · 12:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
That was wicked Avi.......Totally awesome to see you performing it..Love the Che poster..Avi you should check out Silvio Rodriguez(Cuban musician). He is considered a musical poet(cantoautor) in a genre called nueva trova and his one of my biggest inspirations for loving and caring for my birth place(Puerto Rico)...Many of his song themes at his younger age talked about imperialism and oppression but in a very poetical and abstract way. Very bohemian flow and vibe....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nueva_trova
Here's a little link to him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D13MseKAvY

Ill Pm you my video so you can check it out..Glad to have you back my friend!
#5April 21st, 2009 · 01:32 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I think that was GREAT...... !!!
 this would be very similar to what were trying to accomplish with the collaboration..... taking parts from everyone involved....
 *Loved the song and loved watching you play it live.
 * i actually downloaded it  and converted it to a WMV so I could save it in my bandamp folder..... just to watch again.... *hope you dont mind
~ Peace ~
 Fid 
#6April 21st, 2009 · 01:58 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the feedback.

@Marino: I have a lot of problems with Che's philosophies, actually--I just happen to admire his ferocity and passion.

And it's good to be back!

@Fid: No worries! Glad you liked it enough to warrant that!

@Everyone else: I realized I missed mentioning this: the song is "Wave of Mutilation" by The Pixies.
#7April 21st, 2009 · 02:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
avinashv wrote…
Thanks for the feedback.

@Marino: I have a lot of problems with Che's philosophies, actually--I just happen to admire his ferocity and passion.

And it's good to be back!

@Fid: No worries! Glad you liked it enough to warrant that!

@Everyone else: I realized I missed mentioning this: the song is "Wave of Mutilation" by The Pixies.

Ahh no worries..The only reason I mentioned its because many hispanics look up to him for stading up for ideals..Not always the best but nonetheless still a voice for our culture..But yeah I hear you...
#8April 21st, 2009 · 07:00 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
OK Marino that video was gorgeous.  I haven't seen that kind of expressiveness on a nylon since Paco...beautiful.  His voice is also fantastic.  Can you give me a very, very general outline of what he is singing about?
#9April 21st, 2009 · 07:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
As per babel ..The reading context is backwards but this should give you an idea..

Mariposas(butterflies)

Today it comes to be like the fourth time that I wait for since I know that you will more never come. I have returned to be that one to sing of the heavy shower that made its hug in your waist almost legal.

And you appear in my window, smooth and small, with white wings. I nor breathe so that you sleep and you do not go away.

What peculiar ways to remember have one, what peculiar ways: today memory butterflies that they were only smoke, butterflies, butterflies yesterday that they emerged from dark the dancing, quiet.

Your time is now a butterfly, white, thin, nervous ship. Centuries back flooded a second underneath the sky, upon the world

Thus eras you in those take funny, thus eras you of furious companion. Eras like those days in which you are the life and everything what you touch spring becomes. Ay, butterfly, you are the soul of the soldiers whom they love and they sing, and you are the new being who shows itself by my throat (as in voice)

Anyways it keeps going but you get the idea..
As far as the conceptual meaning its always open to interpretation....I'm not sure what his referring too on this specific one besides the obvious.
#10April 23rd, 2009 · 04:13 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Alright, since you guys are being super-lame, I recorded another...

http://files.avinashv.net/misc/birds-and-bees-blues.mov

A cover of vincentL's Birds and Bees Blues, which I've recorded and posted here before.
#11April 23rd, 2009 · 12:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ill try and record a vid of me today!
#12April 23rd, 2009 · 01:40 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well, I'm not lame or lazy, I just have a lot of stuff to do. But it's definately something I'd do in my "Tom Tripper & The Intentionally Lost" modus (acoustic guitar & vox only). Not today though!
#13April 23rd, 2009 · 01:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Well, I'm not lame or lazy, I just have a lot of stuff to do. But it's definately something I'd do in my "Tom Tripper & The Intentionally Lost" modus (acoustic guitar & vox only). Not today though!

Oh come on, I was just messing around!
#14April 23rd, 2009 · 01:51 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol yeah we know...puppets just giving you a hard time...your your giving us a hard time...lol.

i think we need that kind of motivation to get us to actually do anything!
#15April 23rd, 2009 · 01:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Messing around or not I think it's a nice idea and will keep it in mind - I'm better at being creative with a purpose (of uploading etc) than just being creative .... "ars gratia artis" has always gone by me.. Although my recent youtube experiment can surely be seen as "autelic" but it's only there because I wanted to do it that way.

So, yeah...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.