#1April 18th, 2009 · 11:34 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Kashmir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdviI2Ic6PM

Kevin Gilbert doing "Kashmir"

This just became my favorite cover of a Led Zeppelin song ever over Tool's cover of "No Quarter".  Reminds me tremendously of Bear McCready's cover of "All Along The Watchtower" that he wrote for Battlestar Galactica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_sHy9cVH0
#2April 18th, 2009 · 03:19 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
My words condemn me, but I have to admit that I haven't ever heard the originals of any of those three songs   Good songs though.  While I likely can't appreciate everything about them, they are quite well done.
#3April 18th, 2009 · 05:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
My words condemn me, but I have to admit that I haven't ever heard the originals of any of those three songs   Good songs though.  While I likely can't appreciate everything about them, they are quite well done.
TLS ??? 

Avi ; Really nice to see you pop back in.....so I should thank Denis I suppose! 

Thanks for reminding me....I have a Marino recording of Kashmir that I need to put a vocal to, I've had it since before he had his PC crash. Now that my 'studio space' is free to move into and start recording, I will do just that quite soon.
#4April 18th, 2009 · 09:13 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
TLS--All Along The Watchtower is probably the most recorded cover in the history of music, you're more than likely to have heard at least one version of it.

kings--Glad to see that there's still a bunch of old faces around.  I'll try and stop by more frequently!
#5April 19th, 2009 · 08:05 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Loved the beginning part when its acoustic.Not an effective delivery to my ears when drums come in as it moves throughout the first few bars..Once it grows on you it sticks but it took me a bit...I guess its because the flow difference between the cover and the expected sound of the original..Cheers Avi tx for the share...
#6April 19th, 2009 · 08:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Fuck, that was an amazing Zeppelin cover! Really loved that.
And, TLS, you disappointed me, sorry 

> Iszil
#7April 19th, 2009 · 09:42 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Kevin Gilbert is a brilliant musician--some of the best progressive rock I've heard has come from him.  The guy died in 1996; a pity given that he was still relatively young and might have gone on to do so much more.
#8April 20th, 2009 · 09:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I am so glad you posted this.. I heard this a long time ago and never knew who it was.. I forgot about it
Thanks for posting this. Now I know who it was .
#9April 23rd, 2009 · 04:48 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Didn't want to start a new thread, but this is just too awesome:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g3u8_prince-acoustic-musicology_music

I've been watching this a few times a week for the past several months.  Prince is AWESOME.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 5th, 2024 · 11:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.