#1March 27th, 2009 · 12:29 PM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
How to create this ?
I could not find any other spesific section to post this topic, but here we go. I hope this is the correct place.

http://www.undream.net/0009.mp3

I'm wonderin how these kind of clicks and glitches are cretaed ? I LOVE this style, but I'm unable to create these kinds of beats (like the digital distortions, and digital basses, and these clicks, glitches etc).

Waiting for software sggestions / tutorials / directions

Thank you !
#2March 27th, 2009 · 12:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow, that's indeed really cool.

What I can hear is mainly percussive elements. I'm pretty sure there's cymbal samples in there, my guess is that the main "tick" could be a hi hat sample - but could also be a really short static plop sample or anything really that is short and percussive.

The trick to make it sound like it does is effects. Obviously aggressive loop and sweep filtering is at hand, some of the samples may be bitcrunched (decimated) and definately there's a grain shifter involved, which makes for short bursts of really quick delays, faster than a normal drum roll. There's quite some modulation effects going on (phaser, chorus, flanging) and ofcourse reverberation. Pretty cool effects... If you're interested in making stuff like this I suggest dive deep into experimenting with softsynths and vsts.

Using FLStudio? My guess is that would be an excellent tracking program to use, then dive into the world of vst effects, you could check out kvraudio.com for their extensive library of vsts, instruments and effects alike.

You can't really expect to create this sort of stuff right out the box, it takes quite a lot of experimenting and messing around with parameters before something to your liking comes out.. requires patience and stuff. But that's what makes music making great in the end.

Have fun and good luck!
#3March 27th, 2009 · 02:54 PM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
Thank you for the reply !

An yes ! I'm using flstudio !

What VST's are you mentioning ? [softsynths ?] I mean, I always chose to use the things that are "known" as good, so maybe you know some that can solve my problems ?

I'm using native's plug ins (komplete5) for my works normally. I surely do have some sample libraries too, but I never chose to use them if I can create the thing without them.

KVRAUDIO - yes. its good if you're looking for something spesific, but in my case, I do not even know what kind of a synth I'm looking for. I mean, the examples I gave are something that are done too ofen, and I'm sure there are some spesific -known- programs (or VST's) that can do something like that.

...these were my main reasons in opening this thread.
#4March 27th, 2009 · 02:55 PM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
#5March 27th, 2009 · 05:04 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I suppose there may be a Vst with a preset something like this... but to my ear, what im hearing is processed samples.  Lots of verb and filter work...
#6March 27th, 2009 · 05:08 PM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
hmmm I dont think all of these are hand made...
#7March 27th, 2009 · 05:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So whose music is this then anyway? It is hosted on your own site I take it judging by the address.
Cool site , minimalistic flash! Is there more than the messages?

I know a few vst plugins but none that would do this directly.
A sampler would take your samples, you first need samples, you could then lay down a midi track to play the samples.
FL has a slicer that would be the perfect place to start, load a sample, cut it up, create a mad piano roll of stupidly small hits and see what happens.
I have a copy of phatMatixs Pro which does the same as FLs slicer, that is a vst plugin, but it still needs your samples and your midi track.
You could find a synth that has a sound you like but you have to find it and the sound and then process it.
You can use FLs step sequencer and just change the parameters on the sample you load so that it only plays say the trailing part of a crash cymbal, this you send to piano roll and create a pattern with, then create another pattern etc etc

But these are still all samples! Made with short parts of percussive sounds either cut and pasted into loops or as single hits effected like PX says with echo and delay etc
#8March 27th, 2009 · 07:12 PM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
Thank you, kings, about the site.

Ys it is my site, an yes there is a lot mode begind. It is an ARG [Alternate Reality Game]
Also I'm using it as a portfolio site: http://static.undream.net/

Ok. Abut the topic:
I'll deifintely give slicer a go. I'll try it.

One other problem I'm having, is about the bass. I thing I cancreate the ticks and clicks, but the broblem is more -bassy- sounds, thats not just about this example, but about any other song I created. I'm having difficulties about bass (can not fine tones that low, or that deep, or whatever you say)
Any good advices about bass ?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 11:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.