1 2

#1January 15th, 2009 · 07:27 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
all the new music out nowdays sucks. (i mean asides from some of the stuff on here. everything commercial is forced and is awful)
there are only a few bands here and there that are ok and actually come up with some good tunes,
and everything else is garbage.
its like the music industry is reverting back to the 80s pop days. *shudders*
#2January 15th, 2009 · 09:08 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
well this thread does pertain to music.... I hate anything newer than 1979  hahahhhah, no new music, that is really new music, has been done since 1979.  That includes rap and hip hop  .It is all just a terrible redone rendition of music that has already been redone again and again, including and especially the crap I  have made..  Don't even get me started on "New" country music, or todays "New" pop music.  Not since the Ramones has anybody actually done anything worth a crap, except for the artist on this website.    When it comes to rock music Alice Cooper,Beatles, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zepplin did it long before anybody else thought of it..

now it is just a rehashing reworking of them.

so in answer to your question (since you said "new") .. Alter Bridge.....Brand "New" Start, cause it has the word "new" in it..
#3January 15th, 2009 · 10:39 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Hmmm, this looks like another annoying thread by you know who, but since I disagree with what most people are saying... ill take this thread seriously...

I wouldn't say all music today sucks... I mean most of it yes, some stuff just makes you say what were they thinking...? ESPECIALLY when the people who liked those crappy artists and songs that were number one for example last year can't stand and never would listen to it again even a year later!!

I'm a bit disappointed that toastedgoat and Kunadian don't like any of today's music. I can understand ToastedGoat because it's harder to like new music when you grew up with older music, I mean pure evidence here is that his parents generation were more into the Frank Sinatra's and the Elvis's and primarily disliked the Alice Coopers, Deep Purple's etc.

There are some sensational bands out now, you just have to look around and listen a bit, they didn't have mp3's and so much music television to throw thousands of deadbeat artists at you in the 60's and 70's so you weren't so discouraged by the crappier music (it was simple, you didn't like them, you didn't buy the record) but bands like Animal Collective and Portishead released albums in the last 12 months that are really good albums and have many new great ideas in them.

In my opinion, to say that there is no good 'new' music is about as ill-informed as those teenagers that only listen to hip hop and rap music saying that older music (60's, 70's and 80's) is boring and out-dated. I'm not saying everyone has to go and listen and love all these great new bands, I just don't like people spreading the word that there is 'NO' good new music being made these days, I'm not attacking this thread or this website, it is all over the internet, many people believe there is no more good music...

Anyway, i have a feeling that this thread is going to be deleted anyway and I just typed 1900 characters for nothing...
#4January 15th, 2009 · 11:24 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
sorry my post was kind of tongue in cheek .. there are new bands out there that i very much enjoy ,, I was being sarcastic (just goofin) on another goofy thread.
#5January 16th, 2009 · 12:35 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
First of all, you CAN'T ask what's the favorite song of someone! At least for me makes no sense.
But nowadays there are good bands... just few, a bit underground, but they are there.
It's late, but tomorrow I'll make a decent post.

> Iszil
#6January 16th, 2009 · 03:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I don't get time to listen to music other than BandAMP, plus the radio in the morning.  I like all Music from all genres from all ages, to me it's simply MUSIC, providing it's done with creativity, passion and talent [to a certain degree] I will normally enjoy it.

I suppose I tend to listen to music that is relaxing or inspirational, probably beacause of modern living.
When I retire I'll probably get back into Punk & Rock & Roll......LOL.

I don't think this is a bad thread, after all it's about MUSIC, it's interesting to hear Members preferences and what inspires them to create.

Cheers

Denis
#7January 16th, 2009 · 04:17 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
interesting
This story appeared in the press so am posting link.
Some ampers may have already picked it up

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=761642

Guess the message is take time to smell the roses.
#8January 16th, 2009 · 04:29 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: interesting
blakhatz wrote…
This story appeared in the press so am posting link.
Some ampers may have already picked it up

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=761642

Guess the message is take time to smell the roses.

That performance is on youtube even, saw it some months ago. Drawing audience to a street performance is an art in itself i think, has very little to do with the aesthetic quality of the performance itself.
#9January 16th, 2009 · 11:36 AM
2 threads
5 posts
United States of America
my favorite song is "under my skin" by gin wigmore..ahhh im obsessed!
#10January 17th, 2009 · 07:59 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
/
 |

ok fairychild..... if your only reason for being here is to spam us up leave.

please leave.
#11January 18th, 2009 · 08:07 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
most new music sucks. everything up to 1979 rocked.

end of story
thank you and good night
#12January 19th, 2009 · 10:01 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
music
   well....hey.....now....there ARE some gems around.

patti griffin?

& i have to admit....The Boss's "Radio Nowhere" got me dancing in my kitchen.

anything by Don Ross makes me want to set fire to my guitars.

Bright Eyes has.....um.....intrigues me.

Ryan Adams kinda gets my toes tapping.

& by FAR the best band out there is One Man's Opinion.

(OK.......OK!!!!  shameless plug for my nephew's band.  don't delete me!!!  only a proud auntie mb here!)

#13January 19th, 2009 · 10:05 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
(and.......if you check him out on you tube.........he's the naked guy)

(tearin' up.......grabbin' a hanky......sniffle......so proud....)  
#14January 19th, 2009 · 11:48 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ive never heard of ANY of those people you mentioned. why? because i dont listen to new music. why? because i dont like it
#15January 20th, 2009 · 11:12 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Don Ross
you play guitar right?

maybe give a listen to Don Ross.  he's canadian.  youtube him.

tell me if you think he sucks.

i haven't heard your music.....it's new isn't it?

i'm thinking i might like your music.  why? because i might just give it the benefit of the doubt, open my ears &
hear it without predetermining that i don't like it because it's new.

while i agree that alot of the "hits" on the commercial radio stations these days are less than great.....that doesn't stop me from listening.  Every now & again.......there is a diamond that shines through.

i haven't had a coffee.  my neck hurts & my toilet overflowed 'cause my rotten cat threw a ball into it. 
i'm cranky.

1 2

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.