#1January 11th, 2009 · 04:39 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
re: Getting Married!
Fantasy wrote…
So what I am asking is for anything that you can think up that could possibly help my journey to writing the perfect wedding song for a very much in love couple. I

-Sarah White

you said it.. listen to tons of Journey songs...they seem to be mostly lovey dovey stuff.
#2January 12th, 2009 · 01:44 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
I always like writing a lot more when I can use it to tell a story and I find those usually produce good lyrics which are easy to write because they have the motivation. Write a love story, something silly and playful, I had one about two jewel thieves who fall in love unknowing heisting the same gem on the same night which turned into a really fun love song. Incidentally the whole thing was inspired by a cartoon Jacky Chan created. Just think of an abstract and somewhat vague chorus and write verses that motivate an interesting plot. That's my suggestion, either way congrats to your friend.
#3January 18th, 2009 · 04:17 PM
42 posts
United States of America
did you write your song for your friend.
#4January 19th, 2009 · 10:12 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
i've written a couple tunes for friends' weddings......they were instrumental!  easier that way.....BUT

i asked them questions.....'bout how they met.....things they did together.....past experiences they had with each other....places they went to.....you get the general idea.

then....it will be a very lovey, dovey personalised tune.

mb

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 2:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.