#1December 12th, 2008 · 06:50 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
i need to know
where can i get some good equipment to upload my music???

any cool websites?

any cool anything??

Thanks!

~Sarah White
#2December 13th, 2008 · 04:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What type of equipment are you looking for, studio? software? or the whole shooting match.
What do you want to record, live instruments, vox etc
What is your budget?
There are some freeware, sites

Denis
#3December 13th, 2008 · 04:52 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the best equipment to UPLOAD your music is a computer with a good internet connection

As for your search for recording stuff (guess you mentioned that) just have a look into BandAmp's section "Gear Talk"

http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/189.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/7136.html

and many more

Just surf through this section. You'll find tons of informations there. Don't hesitate to ask again for some special gear you're interested in.
#4December 13th, 2008 · 05:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: i need to know
Fantasy wrote…
where can i get some good equipment to upload my music???

any cool websites?

any cool anything??

Thanks!

~Sarah White
Yes a PC is one of the first bits of equipment you need to upload music to the web.
A very good internet site I happen to know of to upload your music too would be a place called bandAmp.com  
So what exactly do you want to do with your music? Record it, Mix it, Edit it or Publish it?
#5December 13th, 2008 · 01:59 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
grrr
okay your making me really feel like a ditzy blonde....grr

1.) i have a PC
2.) i have dial up  ( shoot me plez) lol

basically all of what Denis wrote I need.....and Im broke, my families Christmas is almost non-existant....

wait I have never heard of bandamp.com........

lol

gosh!

i want to record, my voice, mix, edit and publish it. Get some cool sounding drums guitar etc....

i want to basically do what you guys do with your songs....

tell me how...

and again I HAVE A COMPUTER and I am already a bandamp-er.

lol
you guys crack me up.
#6December 13th, 2008 · 03:05 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
just plug a cheap mic into that mic-in hole of your sound card. mostly it's the red one.
you can download audycity somewhere out of the internet. it's for free and some ampers do a lot of things with it.
push the record button and sing... just sing your song.
If you are satisfied with this take you can convert your result to an mp3 file. Use 44100 Hz and a bitrate of 192kBit and choose the upload button in your music section of your profile.

And if you need a computer first, go to your local dealer or just buy one on ebay or so... 

waiting for your 1st song. Sometimes you can hardly find a nice Bandamper who helps you out

good luck
#7December 13th, 2008 · 03:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes Audacity will allow you to record your tracks and mix / play them together.
It will play mp3s and wavs so you can also put other samples or complete tracks in your mix / song.
I dont think Audacity does MIDI, MIDI being a very good direction for you because of your piano experience.
You do play the piano dont you?
Sorry I have no suggestion at the moment for a free MIDI program , there are many , but I entered PC music through hacked programs , programs like Cubase and FL.
You can download an FL demo but I dont think you can save your work.........

We've been here before, Kene was looking for Cubase for Xmas........her wish was our command!!! 
#8December 13th, 2008 · 03:50 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
thank you guys so much..

I do play piano but my guitar skills arent that bad either. give me time to get a mic and let me try a few things out.....

i dont have a problem with composing the music....i just cant sing and play at the same time..its hard lol but thanks som much ill check out a couple of sites for some downloads but like i said i need some time!
#9December 13th, 2008 · 04:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Here's another free software site that I've used for years... plus it's very easy to use.

You could always borrow a mic?

Are you playing an acoustic piano, hence a bit of an art micing-up, better to initally record with an electronic keyboard first if you have one.

'Switch' is a free software for converting your files from wav format to mp3 [make sure you download the free version].

Ideally you would need either a line-mixer or micpreamp. A mic has a week signal and needs to be boosted, it will dreamatically improve the recording quality, but it will still be Ok, just need to adjust the levels on your PC

If you need any help with the Kristal software let me know.

BTW there are some great sites on recording techniques that I've googled, sorry I don't have any links

Look forward in hearing your stuff.

Cheers

Denis
#10December 15th, 2008 · 03:30 PM
1 threads
3 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
the best equipment to UPLOAD your music is a computer with a good internet connection

As for your search for recording stuff (guess you mentioned that) just have a look into BandAmp's section "Gear Talk"

http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/189.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/7136.html

and many more

Just surf through this section. You'll find tons of informations there. Don't hesitate to ask again for some special gear you're interested in.

lol, I don't think they worded their post right.. But yeah all you need is a computer with internet connection. If you are looking to record your song, well thats a whole different question.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.