#1December 11th, 2008 · 08:21 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
Sibelius, anyone?
Does anyone here use sibelius or have previously used sibelius for songwriting? Would you consider it a good program or are similar freeware programs just as good?
#2December 11th, 2008 · 08:30 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
logic 8 has  notation editing if thats a help , haven't used sb tho
#3December 11th, 2008 · 10:42 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
It's a good program, especially for songwriting. I used it at school and found it to be remarkably similar to a program I was a lot more familiar with and still today, use for songwriting... Guitar Pro.  Guitar Pro probably has less features than Sibelius but i found it a little bit easier, simpler and quicker to use than Sibelius. That said, i do recommend both of them. Whichever one turns out cheaper to buy would be the one i would go for
#4December 16th, 2008 · 07:23 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I've used Sibelius for a few years now, if you know about music notation and theory then I'd recommend it. If you don't then I wouldn't. I started out with guitar pro then moved onto Sibelius. I do prefer Sibelius.
#5December 16th, 2008 · 01:02 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sibelius, anyone?
I use it all the time .........for work............but its expensive.........Great tool for band scores and school type stuff..........Not a lot of use if you arent a music reader though!

For me its not as inherently creative as composing using a sequencer on the fly.
Of course, if you need to write using dots, or other music readers will be playing your piece then its a given!

But if you experiment a lot with organizing your sounds and the written page is not really required..... then maybe dont use it.

Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 10:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.