#1January 11th, 2006 · 11:42 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Skype with BandAMPers
This is a calling to everyone to participate in Skype conferences for BandAMPers. We already done this with some BandAMPers and we wanna extend it for everyone who wants to participate. This idea came from Swordfish, PuppetXeno and me... hope you like it.
All this is to share musical experiences, give advice for the ones who needs it and talk bout music in general, that's what moves our souls ( and bodies).
Wait for your answers and you Skype accounts.

> Iszil, Swordfish & PuppetXeno.
#2January 11th, 2006 · 12:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Sk Hype!
Yea, it's really cool!
#3January 14th, 2006 · 12:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: skype
as the advert says:

stop typing -------------start skyping!!!

great for discussion and feedback on your music ideas and queries

my skype................aswordfish
#4January 14th, 2006 · 09:12 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
What did I miss? What is skype?
#5January 14th, 2006 · 10:17 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Skype is a software used to have voice conversations with other people, and make conferences if you want.
Try it, is cool. And then give me your account name, to talk to you.

> Iszil
#6January 20th, 2006 · 04:07 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
yup...is cool im online
#7February 28th, 2006 · 08:32 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well, there's been some discussion on another forum ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meandmyinstrument ) about  jamming over the internet.  I'm aware that there are sites that offer this facility (I think ejamming is one of them, but I may have got the name slightly wrong).  As far as I'm aware these sites charge for the privilege of using them beyond the introduction trial period, so I wonder if it's possible to do this over Skype.  This is not an original thought - it's just that I've not read about it anywhere as yet.

It would be seriously cool if it were possible!

Thoughts anyone?

#8February 28th, 2006 · 08:45 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Just checked out http://www.ejamming.com and yes it is a web-jam site, but looks as though it's only set up for midi instruments - shame.  Apparently "paltalk" also hosts jamming sessions - but I can't look at that from work as our systems are locked down too much. (incidentally, I can't listen to anything from Bandamp while at work either because the sound has been disabled on all our PCs!!!)
#9February 28th, 2006 · 09:14 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hhmm paltalk, I'm going to check that out for sure.

I like skype for it's ad free interface. the phone is okay but with a short delay, and as for quality: apparently there are ghosts in every machine...

it won't accept my dv-cam as webcam though - which MSN does just fine. but MSN has too much of a "MTV-lifestyle-ezine-toy" interface (complete with ads) to my taste... that's microsoft alright...

ps if anyone wanna add my name (puppetxeno) to skype I'm okay with that. I'm likely to be online every weekday from around 19:00 - 0:00 (local time, GMT+1)
#10April 6th, 2006 · 02:54 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
Canada
Ninjam
Check out  http://www.ninjam.com/ this jamming with audio via your line in or mic in.I've jammed with many ppl from all over the world.It's pretty cool.

Rodan
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.