#1December 1st, 2008 · 04:15 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
R U S H Snakes and Arrows Live
Has anyone got this dvd? I think I'll buy it but I want to make sure that it is as good as it looks. The setlist and everythign look great, and I mean come its RUSH!!!!

Looks like ill have to dish out $20...
#2December 1st, 2008 · 05:58 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Look it up at you tube that will give you an idea!
#3December 1st, 2008 · 06:49 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
And I say Rush has screwed his roots, and that's really sad.
How the hell they want us to stand the fact that they don't wanna play their classics anymore?
Since their last album I'm totally disappointed of what Rush is now... but anyway I pray every night so they finally decide to come to Chile 
By the way, Kunadiun, buy the "Rush in Rio" DVD of the "R30", or, even better, the "Exit... Stage Left", but "Snakes & Arrows" is just a waste of money, and if it's ME (some people here knows my influences) saying that, you gotta take my advice.

> Iszil
#4December 2nd, 2008 · 11:54 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I see what you mean iszil
Its just I was reading reviews on amazon for Rio and R30 and they said it wasnt THAT great, like poor video shooting and stuff like that...but I just realized I can get all of this through netflix..

But yeah I totally agree with you! rush doenst play their classics anymore!! its retarted!! i dont really even like most of their new stuff.

Fly By Night is hardly ever played, not to mention Working Man and The Twilight Zone.

I heard rumors about them releasing another album, which they will promote with another tour...but heck I'll still go to their concert...even if they dont play the great stuff...i mean its rush...
#5December 3rd, 2008 · 04:22 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Rush in Rio is an excellent album - haven't seen the DVD (didn't know there was one!) so have nothing to say on the video quality etc.  Not heard any of Rush's new stuff but have liked most of their music.
Iszil saying that an album is no good probably means that, if you want classic Rush type music, it's not worth getting - I guess they tried going in a different direction.

I went to see Prince some years back when he was playing as "symbol"  - it was with the New Power Generation - he didn't play any old stuff, and it was a real disappointment.  Saw him again as Prince, and it was superb.  Perhaps Rush are going through the same thing - having a break from their roots.  Lets hope it doesn't last long eh.
#6December 3rd, 2008 · 07:10 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah I think thats what it is
Hopefully in the year 2112 when they are still around and as big as ever theyll start playing some classic stuff like Fly by night and coincidently 2112
#7February 11th, 2011 · 05:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
And its the year 2011 and they are touring playing the entirety of Moving Pictures....guess they saw what we said on this thread 
#8February 14th, 2011 · 07:15 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
And I saw them live, something I'll never forget! Plus they played most of the classics.
I just hope the next album is good.
#9February 16th, 2011 · 05:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I'll be seeing them live in June and I can't wait. It's going to really amazing!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 5:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.