#1October 27th, 2008 · 03:29 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Didn't I try (tube link)
Song from our current band project to bring autism awareness...Recorded for a radio show at studio Joe's Little Rock Arkansas..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpyERKcX4TA
#2October 27th, 2008 · 04:09 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
simply wonderful
#3October 27th, 2008 · 07:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Didn't I try (tube link)
FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4October 28th, 2008 · 11:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah that was great! I commented. Songs with a cause always have something extra... More emotion. Great job!
#5October 28th, 2008 · 08:00 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow tx guys!
#6October 28th, 2008 · 10:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellence !
#7October 29th, 2008 · 10:21 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Tight performance.
I'm Kimoki 313.
It must be difficult for parents who have autistic children. I must admit I'm fairly ignorant on the whole subject as I haven't had much contact with autistic people.
#8October 29th, 2008 · 08:44 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
truly excellent guys. well done! I wish you all the best with this project as its for such a good cause.
#9October 30th, 2008 · 02:10 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Guys... excellent song on Youtube - good performance, great sentiment behind it (would like to hear some strings in there too though! )

So what's your connection with the the Autistic trust?  I see the Marino Autism Institute listed in other vids on Youtube - this can be no coincidence I somehow think!

If what you say in the intro is true, then I guess I should count myself lucky.  My son Joe is 15 and autistic (also has mild cerebral palsy); in August this year Sue and I celebrated our 25th anniversary!!!

There are times when it's tough having a child with autism, in some ways it's harder when they're young and your learning to deal with other people's attitudes - now, of course, it's a worry as we're getting to the point where he's in the last (potentially) year of school and we have his angst about working to deal with.  That said, there are also some times where his attitude forces us to open our eyes a little and look at the world a little differently.

Cheers
Jim A
#10October 30th, 2008 · 02:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Jiminuk wrote…
Guys... excellent song on Youtube - good performance, great sentiment behind it (would like to hear some strings in there too though! )

So what's your connection with the the Autistic trust?  I see the Marino Autism Institute listed in other vids on Youtube - this can be no coincidence I somehow think!

If what you say in the intro is true, then I guess I should count myself lucky.  My son Joe is 15 and autistic (also has mild cerebral palsy); in August this year Sue and I celebrated our 25th anniversary!!!

There are times when it's tough having a child with autism, in some ways it's harder when they're young and your learning to deal with other people's attitudes - now, of course, it's a worry as we're getting to the point where he's in the last (potentially) year of school and we have his angst about working to deal with.  That said, there are also some times where his attitude forces us to open our eyes a little and look at the world a little differently.

Cheers
Jim A
hey Jim...Ya man..It is true what is said in the Intro!!The other links on the page most likely are in relation to the tags marino and Autism,but I have no relation to them..I think it works though,as when you scroll down there's good info..
Ok my participation..Lets see Lisa is a speech pathologist at Easter Seals(http://www.easterseals.com/site/PageServer?pagename=ntl_services&s_esLocation=serv_) and her cases include Cerebral palsy and Autism..I personally do volunteer work as a music teacher for kids with cerebral palsy at the same institution.(i teach them music production on FL using sound samples)...The kids just had a performance on the 18th for a 2k and 5k running/ walking event called Rollin on the river..All the kids performed original material..The amount of people moved was amazing..In addition to that if you wan't to make a better world I believe you need to give..we all want that but I think wanting and doing are two different thing..I'm doing what I do best, use my music and talent to help others...I also want to add that I,m glad that you guys have been sticking together..Autism goes misdiagnosed many times and support is lacking in many cases..I think that is Important that we all work on this together..Parents shouldn't be alone and kids and adults should get the help they need from all of us as a community..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.