1 2

#1October 16th, 2008 · 01:25 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Translation
Hey all-- I'm sure some of you are familiar with my push for a site redesign.  I have a miscellaneous question for anybody who would be so kind as to reply:

Can I get a few volunteers?  I need people who speak fluently languages other than english.  If you speak it, I want it.  I need some basic translation work.

The site redesign will be completely configurable for both "theme" and language.  Transactions on the site will still need to go on in english,  but I think many of our non-english native members would appreciate the effort to display the site in their language.

Please, send me a PM if you're interested.  I'd like the correspondence to take place over email.  It's a small job, mostly.  Lots of single words and one-liners.

There is also a "Terms and Conditions" page, which is a bit longer.  Volunteer for whatever you'd like to do!

Thanks,
Tim
#2October 16th, 2008 · 01:44 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Count me in for spanish!!!
#3October 16th, 2008 · 02:02 PM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
count me in for ninja-neese...... (long time no see)
#4October 16th, 2008 · 02:08 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha, ninja-neese, huh?   Maybe we'll throw in some funny languages, like Google with their Hacker, Bork, Elmer Fud, etc

Be sure to hit me up with a PM, or email me at t.onightslastsong at gmail dot com (yes there's a dot after the T) so that I can send some emails with some random words and lines from the site.
#5October 16th, 2008 · 02:40 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, Marino already offered, but I can do spanish too.

> Iszil
#6October 16th, 2008 · 02:43 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Count me fot spanish too 
#7October 16th, 2008 · 04:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Translation
Try JBP fer Polish ..........hes COOL!!!!!!!

try pm ing him first
#8October 17th, 2008 · 11:12 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
email addresses or PMs, guys :P  I can't do much back-and-forth collaboration unless I can contact you   None of you have your contact info on your profiles, either!

It'll be good to have multiple people on a single language, so that you can all come to some agreement on the best ways to say things.
#9October 17th, 2008 · 01:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I can translate it into English from American for you! 
Seriously though I can try my hand at a Welsh translation and a Dutch draft , but I'm not a native Dutch speaker, PX or MaxB would be your best bet for Dutch.

You could post the list on page
#10October 19th, 2008 · 02:20 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Yeh, so due to everyone but aetheris withholding their contact info, i hereby take kings' suggestion and post the vocab list here.  PLEASE email me the results instead of posting it here on bandamp's forum.  I have an email address for a reason... a reason which this correspondence fits.

t.onightslastsong at gmail dot com

Just copy and paste this list, and then give the translation just below or just next to each word or phrase.  If you don't help me correlate the translations with the original words and phrases, I'll have a harder time knowing what's what.

The vocab is sectioned into categories, which was listed in square brackets "[" and "]".  You don't have to translate those.  I've also made various notes in the list, marked by parentheses "(" and ")".  Don't translate the notes.  They're just there to help clarify the meaning of the phrase to be translated.

Again, email me the results.

For those of you who can do spanish, I'm still interested in multiple translations so that we can arrive as some agreement about proper translation.

Translations will be modifiable after the site is deployed, so there's no need to get it perfect.  Moderators will have credentials to edit this stuff, and users will have the power to PM those moderators about suggested corrections or alterations.

Here's the list.  Remember, email me the results.

[Areas of the site]
Help
Home
Me
Music
Battle
Chat
Explore

[Date/time]
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

[A common, acceptable format for the date.  Leave out the equivalents of the english "th" or "st" for numbers. for example:]
February 21, 2008
1492 May 3
(etc, etc, ... whatever.)

[Login]
log in (two words: Log (verb) in (preposition).  This is not: "Login" as a single noun.)
Password
username

["Me" page (Profile)]
Completed projects
Current projects
Dropped projects
Hidden
Delete project
Posts (as in the number of posts made in the forums)
Last updated on [date]
Uploaded on [date]

[members]
Date joined: [date]

[menus]
Me
    Inbox
Music
Help
    Terms of Service
    FAQ
    About
Battle
    Current battle
    Archives
    Hall of Fame
Chat

[Searching]
Search
Results
of (as in, "1 of 2 pages")
Sort by date (can use "Sort" or "Order".. whatever's more appropriate)
Sort by author
Sort by popularity
Sort by ranking ("ranking" as in "the average score from several ratings by the members")
No results match your search.

[Signup page - Almost all of these pieces of text are just little phrases next to each field on the signup page.  I realize that in english, we frequently turn incomplete sentences into headline-style text.  Just do your best to capture the meaning of the phrase as if it were located next to a text box all by itself.]
By signing up on this page, you are confirming that you agree to abide by the terms of service as described here, found in the Help section of the site.
BandAMP will *never* share or sell any of your above information. The sole purpose for collecting it is for us to better understand our audience!
Country
In format YYYYMMDD (as in 4-digit YEAR, 2-digit MONTH, and 2-digit DAY.)
Please enter a valid date.
Date of birth
Sorry, you must be 13 or older.
Email address
Confirm email
Emall address is invalid.
Email address is blank.
Email addresses match.
Email addresses don't match.
Male
AIM, YIM, GoogleTalk, Skype, etc.  (I just need the "etc" part, but go ahead and construct this entire phrase as needed.  In some languages, the word for "et cetra" isn't good engouh; for instance, in japanese, the grammar particle "ya" would be needed between each of those words.)
IM name (as in, a person's "screen name")
Preferred IM client (the preferred IM program)
Optional Information
Password
Confirm password
Passowrd is blank.
Passwords match.
Passwords don't match.
Username
Your username is available.
Username is blank.
That username is not available.

[Statistics - Used for little snippets of text at the bottom of each page, for instance.)
[username1], [username2], [username3], and more!
Newest Members
Server time: HH:MM:SS AM/PM (the time of the computer running the website.

[Portal page to the site]
Welcome!
BandAMP provides a friendly community of musicians who challenge each other in the desire to improve. Check out our Forums and of course the Hall of Fame.. We're glad you made it, enjoy!

all done.  Email me the results.
#11October 19th, 2008 · 10:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Check you pm..Still working on it..But just to get you started!
#12October 20th, 2008 · 11:16 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Check your mail please... there you can find the german secxion
#13October 20th, 2008 · 02:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
May be what was sent to your mailbox should be post here, so the rest of the people can help.
I.e, Marino sent yo what he did but may be me or Aetheris could fix some stuff or help in some other based on what Marino did, instead of just re-doing it all over again.

> Iszil
#14October 20th, 2008 · 02:29 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yeah, i agree, Iszil, but I think I'd rather avoid littering up the forum topic with all the translations.  I'm going to need more translation as I continue to build up the site, and I'd like to keep translation requests on this thread.

Perhaps the three of you can PM each other and work it out?  or start a different thread for the sake of discussing it?  I'm PM'd you Marino's work so far.

It's just that if we post translations on this thread, it'll get over used and when I need more translation, nobody'll look here anymore because it'll constantly have very long posts all over it.
#15October 20th, 2008 · 03:04 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I can translate things into Hudan. "Everybody" would be "Ydobyreve"
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:33 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.