#1August 31st, 2008 · 07:29 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Puppets Live Videos
Hi guys.. I haven't been online a lot lately, but that's mainly because I've been focusing on life outside the pixels, and part of that life is the band I've been playing in since the beginning of this year.

Recently, we had our first gig and it went really well - we recorded the whole session to video and I uploaded two of the songs to Youtube so I could share it with... you guys!

We've named ourselves The Welcome Room eventually, playing to have fun mainly.

So here they are:

Maelstrom
Surprise Extra Song

I wrote Maelstrom back in 1994, now for the first time being played by a live band with a real drummer. Well, it took long enough

We didn't really plan on playing that extra song, as we never studied how to play it properly... But it turned out just fine.

Hope you enjoy!
#2August 31st, 2008 · 10:54 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Great videos, Pup! The band sounds really good and the crowd is certainly diggin' it! I'm glad you're out there doin' it! Keep us posted!!
#3August 31st, 2008 · 11:29 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
really funtastic. good to c u back
#4August 31st, 2008 · 03:20 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very cool.. your band sounds real good.. very tight , liked the tunes you played.  looks like the crowd was digging it ..

I love to play live.. I dig recording stuff , but I am way better at live gigs. Something about wanting to put it out there to the audience and see their reaction.

I enjoyed all three vids.  The Born To Be Wild. was good too.

glad you posted these. hopefully we will hear some studio (home or pro) of you guys.

P.S.  cool name.
#5September 1st, 2008 · 01:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Gee guys, thanks!

I really agree about playing live in comparison to recording in a studio. Studio work is an art in itself, and I have practiced it a lot and for a long long time... But live music, playing directly to the audience and seing their reaction - is the best! (especially when they like it ofcourse)

We haven't set a date on recording a proper demo yet, but our next gig will be later this month.

I'll be back!
#6September 1st, 2008 · 03:10 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great stuff Px...Seems to me that you guys get long real well too aside from the tight playing.Great rendition of born to be wild!Tx for sharing this I was wondering where you had been..I see your time has been put too great use...Glad to see you out of the lack of music work spell...Keep them coming!
#7September 2nd, 2008 · 04:40 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah PX, good to see you doing your stuff live.
It really is good fun, eh.
Who knows, perhaps one day we'll have The Welcome Room and Weird Habitz there at the same gig.

Jim A
#8September 3rd, 2008 · 07:24 AM
1 posts
India
PuppetXeno
Hello
I am late today , so sorry everyone.Yeah PX, good to see you doing your stuff live.
It really is good fun, eh.
Who knows, perhaps one day we'll have The Welcome Room and Weird Habitz there at the same gig.
max

http://www.crackcocaineaddictiontreatment.com
#9September 3rd, 2008 · 03:09 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Erm... utpalbarman - why did you copy a line from my post?
Strange stuff.
Still, it echoes my thoughts - but I don't know how I'll get the rest of the guys over to Holland, so perhaps The Welcome Room will have to travel to the UK
#10September 4th, 2008 · 03:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Looks like you guys were having a good time, you must have played more than two songs though !!
So does the band play only your stuff or do you have songs written as a group? 
I watched your original Maelstrom video and was thoroughly entertained.
I do think that your music is uniquely you and the band dont really do the song justice.
I think you should get all your old equipment / instruments out and try to do something close to what you do alone, as a band !  

So ! Anyone in need of crack cocaine addiction treatment ?
Which is most likely not what it says it is otherwise it wouldn't be publicised in this way.
#11September 6th, 2008 · 10:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey.. thanks all

Well kings, maybe someday I will form a different band to do what you suggest, but our band right now isn't focused on doing it like that We're just raw punk rock, playing some of my songs, playing some of our own original songs and playing some real classics (like Come as you are.. Born to be Wild)

We're just having fun, and as long as the audience is having fun aswell, it seems we're doing the right thing

Thanks for the feedback !!
#12September 10th, 2008 · 02:48 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I can't check the vids yet - because I'm not at home (I'm in the UK!!) but am glad to hear your band is busy.  And I really like the name...why didn't I think of that! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.