#1August 8th, 2008 · 09:18 AM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
I DO! I DONT! IS ANYONE HERE!
ok... so long story short.. i had given up on music... i had been through some tough times.. and had no musical drive what so ever... i never played guitar anymore.. i sat around and slept... Then i went to school last night for oreantation.. wow all of a sudden its like.. Im back to my old self.. me and one of me mates are talking of a possible band talking of making a name for ourselfs and taking highschool by the balls!!! what the crap... why did this all of a sudden come back>?!?!?!? im really tired of going back and forth between this...
        btw- is the amp in the up or the down slope?
#2August 8th, 2008 · 10:01 AM
373 posts
China
the between... and welcome to the love/hate relationship with music... i've been going back and forth since I was eighteen.... buy a guitar, get rid of guitar... buy a guitar, smash guitar... buy recorder, give up and move...
Like any relationship, it takes time and practice....
#3August 8th, 2008 · 10:46 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
plugged-in
interest in music used to be like that for me.. into it then not.. somewhere back in my past, not sure when though I made a decision to be what I call plugged in.... I know it sounds wierd (like I'm some kind of appliance). Plugged in means that I have come to the realization that I LOVE MUSIC, all kinds, I have become interested in learning  lots of styles..  to stay plugged-in I  make sure I am constantly learning something new , or improving my techniques.  To stay plugged-in  takes work.  If your stuck in a rut, seems like your just playing the same stuff. Work on learning a new technique or type of playing style, work around a new scale or study a particular artist work to find out what made that artist great. In today day and time it is very easy to become distracted by things like  video games, tv shows, movies, web surfing (this can be helpful though), chat rooms..on and on ... lots of stuff out there to keep us entertained. The problem is most of it is a waste of time, no actual skills are learned, half the time if you watch tv a day later you can't recall what you were watching anyway.

the amp is in transition phase... work in progress
#4August 8th, 2008 · 04:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, it's being like the same with me... but I thought I was the only one, but it seems more common.
Well, relationship with music is like that.
I'll be back soon... and hope the site will be working properly.

> Iszil
#5August 8th, 2008 · 04:37 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Ditto, ditto, ditto!

For me music has always been there somewhere, but it spent about 20 years in the background (a long way behind wife, children, and bizarrely martial arts).  Then I went away for a 9 week residential course with work, took my geeeeeetar along, met some other players, and got the love back again.  That was a good five years ago now and while I may not always be mega enthusiastic, by setting goals and learning new stuff my interest has remained.

That doesn't mean that the creative force is always around - even now I seem to be going through a serious slump in my ability to write music and lyrics, but I'm compensating by doing what TG says and just learning how other people play.  Hell, I've even started taking singing lessons!!!

So don't sweat it - life is a funny old thing.  Some times you'll love doing the music stuff; other times you just won't feel you can be bothered.  But if it's in your blood, then it'll never really leave you - it may just go into hiding for a while!

#6August 10th, 2008 · 06:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ninja ;
If you set your mind to it you can do anything (excluding having babies etc), but you have to set your mind to it,
If you were meant for great things you would have a determined unrelenting character, otherwise you can sit around and be the ape that you are, relaxing in the sun, and maybe hope that you'll be discovered one day, but even to be discovered 'one day' you have to be active in what you want to do.....so you have to work at it ! one way or another if you want something Jude you just got to go out and get her ! 

Or you can look at it as Bono "Leaves you babe, if you dont care for it" , Bonos dead hard and a really determined guy !

bandAmp is an internet site ...... one you can come to for help as a musician ! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.