I recently found this upon Wikipedia.

Though you guys would enjoy this 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterfeiting_Trade_Agreement
#2June 13th, 2008 · 10:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Bah. Leave The Pirate Bay alone!       

The information age obviously shows that you can't expect to get away with shoving your ads down the throats of the public and then not have them go get your product the easy way... Information free for all! Open source softwares ftw! Wish there was a entertainment media equivalent of that... Open source movies & music... Hmm I still buy CD's off my fav artists because I love a professionally printed booklet... I'd *buy* more music online on a regular basis if I'd only had to pay $0.10 per song... Which is possible at some sites.... But I'm not paying $1.00 for a single mp3 since the quality is way inferior to a CD... Its ridiculous. ANd how are enforcement agencies going to find out what part of my itunes library was legally ripped from a CD I bought and what part was slurped via Bitlord? Heh, goodluck! 
#3June 13th, 2008 · 12:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
YOWSA! that's gonna make for some painfully slow border crossings, dontcha think? I'm not all that worried, though...I'm too paranoid to pirate!

(although, I do agree with PX about the outrageous prices for mp3-quality songs...furthermore, I almost never find an entire cd that is worth the price of admission...I usually want only one song...maybe two at most...so what's a guy to do?)
#4June 13th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I find it ridiculous since media everyday breaks copyright laws.
Everyone does so I have no clue why they're freaking. Maybe they should take all that money that they are going to use for this whole thing and use to it to like cure AIDS or feed poor people. Something other than this pile of unproductive shit.

That's the world for you 
#5June 13th, 2008 · 05:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That's the world for you
Mutate to survive ! 
#6June 14th, 2008 · 01:54 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
... and Mexico???  I mean....

How are they planning to search my laptop?
#7June 14th, 2008 · 03:05 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
aetheris wrote…
How are they planning to search my laptop?

I think it's only when we cross borders?

That's what I'm catching from it.
#8June 14th, 2008 · 04:40 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
that's pretty strange...

and as PX said... how can they tell which pieces of media are "pirated"?  All one has to do is "scrub" the DRM off of the files.  And that's freaking easy if your computer is authorized to play such songs.  One person buys on iTunes.  He scrubs it.  He uploads it to torrents and other download mediums.  It runs rampantly to the computers of others.  No more DRM.  No way to know if I ripped it legally or if I downloaded it...

In the computing world, there's simply ALWAYS a way to do what we want to do
#9June 19th, 2008 · 10:35 AM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
OMG!!!! ok has anyone seen that music video by NAS (rap ugh i know...) but its like  Music has been banned and instead of dealing drugs and stuff he sells like pirated mp3 players and stuff!?!?!?! i mean is this what we are headed for?? are we going to pull a KillRoy and in 50 years music will be completely banned?!?! (and then when we try to play music we are captured by the worst kind of robot.... the japaneese speaking ones!!!) i mean come on! does anyone really care that much about pirating and junk like that!!!! it seems to me that if your record sells 5 million copies.... you shouldnt worry that much!!! and plus the way i have herd about some of the greatest bands i know was through pirating... (thank you sharebear) but it  really is a great way for unsigned bands to get hype!! so really come one guys!!! stop screwing around with the music industry and do something useful... like.... STOP TERRORISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would help you lazy bunch of M$3%#$ F$#%&%*s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 on another note...... im REALY TIRED!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.