#1May 30th, 2008 · 03:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
vst plugins instruments effects
Came across a most wonderful zip file on a torrent site,
I thought you guys en galls might like to see what kind of vst plugins are available out there in vst plugin land.
Most of this lot are what would be called 'old' by now yet theres enough latest technology in there to keep the maddest musician busy for the rest of their lives!

Any questions ? 
#2May 31st, 2008 · 01:05 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
that's a good idea, to go to torrents for vst plugins--- i hadn't thought of that before.  my problem when I search the internet for those sorts of things is that the internet isn't concentrated enough, and i find website after website that isn't quite good enough to really explore.  torrents would produce more concentrated results; no fluff--- just downloads

thanks!  between exploring my musical ability in FL studio and a full time job and getting married at the end of august, i've got so many things blowing around that it's hard for me to make frequent visits to the amp! i miss it
#3June 2nd, 2008 · 03:18 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: vst plugins instruments effects
thanks kings ..........

im sure there is something here i aint seen before ....

so whats the address?? please??

fish
#4June 4th, 2008 · 01:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice stuff in there, albeit slightly dated versions. Personally I had built up a monstrous vst library at one point only to discover I only used a few of them, and only sometimes. Now it's sweet to have ample choice when it comes to creating sounds/adding effects, but I've also learned that it is much more efficient to simply pluck specific stuff off the web when I really need it. www.kvraudio.com has everything (though you need to create an account to get priority during busy hours). They keep the library and I just lend the books I'm after. And guess what I don't even have to return them 
#5June 9th, 2008 · 08:06 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
vsts
i came across an amazing site for all vsts and DAWS
www.magesy.ws

just register
search
click
download

all with cracks

of course download load them to test drive them and then buy the real thing (of course!)
#6June 10th, 2008 · 02:01 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
DUDE! NOT TO MENTION FULL SAMPLE CDS!!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!
#7June 11th, 2008 · 03:54 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
DID I MENTION I LOVE YOU!!!???  IVE SPENT UNTOLD HOURS AT THIS SITE SINCE YOU POINTED IT OUT!!! IM FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT!!!!!
#8June 14th, 2008 · 04:35 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
K, This site is just wonderful but anyone who has used it know you have to work a bit to get what you want...  If anyone is dl'ing from this site and wants to start up a bit of an underground trade amongst members, count me it!  Ive already got a few of the sample cd's and a few vsts... PM me and let me know!
#9June 15th, 2008 · 10:58 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
your welcome
glad you like it. dude you find that links stop working pretty often tho. but normally there is a [Reup] link after a few days

Magesy for the Win !!!!
#10June 17th, 2008 · 08:36 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
The links work if you copy and paste them in your browser..  Thats what ive been doing... halfway through Firestorm and I got that Nu Tone pack...   theres no stop in sight for me...  im addicted..
#11June 21st, 2008 · 12:08 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks bundles for the link to MrMP - I also spent a fair bit of time (and ended up paying for the enhanced download) looking at and getting some very nice plug-ins.  Of course, now I just have to work out how to use the damn things!!!

But seriously, the magesy site was excellent - although one (free) download did have a virus embedded in one file so that was time wasted (but not cash... unless you work on the "time is money" theory).

Thanks again MrMP..

Kings - using a torrent search engine for VSTs is a good idea - I'll being going down that route for a couple of extra synth sounds I think, so thanks for that too.

Cheers

Jim A
#12June 21st, 2008 · 04:28 PM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
...and you know that huge part of these listed are actually commercial products.
From what I know, and I know what I know - "H20", as reffered in some zip file names, is not an authorized distributor...

There is huge amount of great quality free synths and sample instruments at kvraudio that can be used instead. I am still amazed by the number of the great people creating these software applications and giving 'em away for free.
#13June 22nd, 2008 · 01:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
synchu wrote…
...and you know that huge part of these listed are actually commercial products.
From what I know, and I know what I know - "H20", as reffered in some zip file names, is not an authorized distributor...

There is huge amount of great quality free synths and sample instruments at kvraudio that can be used instead. I am still amazed by the number of the great people creating these software applications and giving 'em away for free.

H20 are authorized distributors of 'try before you buy' software ! And most revered they are too for their work, by those who are in the know of course ! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 4:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.