#1May 29th, 2008 · 10:13 AM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
a new turn for the ninja?!?!
ok so everyone knows i have been pushing my band mates and myself to write some grade a stuff.... well my band mates ARE SO FRIGGIN LAZY!!!! i mean much love and all do respect but COME ON!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTTSS AND WORK!!!! but anyway... i was talking to my friends boyfriend and he started asking me about our stuff we play... and started talking about his METAL BAND... hmmm    hahaha but yea i was vaugly intrested we talked about bands like Shinedown, RHCP, Black Tide, Rolling Thunder, A7X, you know just random bands... and then i said yea man well if you ever need a backup bassists call me.... he said that they didnt have a bassist....... he looked at me and i stared at him... he asked me to join......  so i SAID YES (omg this sounds like the dude just asked me to marry him-)    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so excited!!! i love metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idk what we are playing yet.... i dont think im gonna tell my mates... it shouldnt mess with our stuff... yet! but i just got an email from him that told me to learn  these songs : Run to the Hills- Iron Maiden,  Scar Tissue - RHCP, Thunderstruck- AC/DC, Burn It Down - A7X, Down With The Sickness - Disturbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOWAWAWAWA!!!!! lol!!!!! dude im pretty excited!!!!         
#2May 29th, 2008 · 12:36 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Awesome man!

I want to be in a band .
#3May 29th, 2008 · 03:55 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good on you Ninj, it's great to play in a band that does stuff you enjoy - and learning other people's stuff is (to me) a really good way to learn to play your instrument.  It's not the easy choice that some people think, because an audience won't put up with covers that sound crap, so you have to be close enough to the original for people to enjoy it, but make it enough your own it sounds new too.
If your old band mates don't cut the mustard, take my advice and sack them!!!  (It's what Swordfish told me last year, and I'm really pleased I took his advice)
Cheers
#4May 29th, 2008 · 06:11 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent , working with a gigging band , playing out gets your chops fine tuned. It doesn't take more than a few times screwing up on stage out in front of people to make sure you fix the problems. 

If you can read tab or learn to read tab.. most of these songs have been worked out and posted already up at ultimateguitartabs.   lots of em have the bass lines too.

You probably don't need it.. I  like to use music and tab, with the cd/mp3 ,  cause I tend to remember the song parts solidly that way.. 

Good luck with the band  and remember to have fun with it.
#5May 29th, 2008 · 06:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Enjoy every minute of it and give em hell!
Funny how something just dont change ! Run to the Hills was the first song I learnt the lyrics for , that and Paranoid !!!!! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.