#1April 28th, 2008 · 09:12 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
Ahoyhoy! New guy!
Hello there. I'm new here. I figure this is in the right forum, I could be horribly wrong.

I am 18, out of high school, and going to University in the fall. Recently, I've been struck with many song ideas and riffs, all different genres of music.

But I need some help. Mostly, I'm looking for someone to help me out with the drums of my songs. And, if required, someone to record high-quality guitar for me, if I can't play it myself.

You see, I can hear music in my head. I often just make up cool-sounding riffs on my own (often when there's no method of saving them for later...grr.). I can play guitar, bass, piano, and to a lesser degree, pretty much any other instrument. Fretless instruments....not so much...

However, I lack talent. I can play nothing 100% perfect, which I require of my recorded, finished songs.

I'm also here looking for feedback on my songs. I'll get y'all a rough recording of one or two of them by Thursday. Where should I put that? The Ideas forum?
#2April 28th, 2008 · 10:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Kurtt!
Welcome to the amp...I'm sure you'll get something out of the amp for sure...Just be patient and get involved with the community...To post a song click on my home on the top tab and look for the music word(click on that and browse to your song and upload).You're looking at only Mp3 uploads and a suggested 128 to 192 bit rating.
Anyways welcome aboard!
#3April 29th, 2008 · 05:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes welcome on board.
Judging by your post you've found exactly the right site.
Stick around and stick to it, it's been quiet here recently but I know if you persist and show us a little of that talent you claim not to have, you will get the results your looking for.
There are some very talented people hanging around the amp who will most definitely take on your collaboration challenge, you simply have to get involved as M says. Show me your's and I'll show you mine kind of thing !!!   

If I have any advice for you it would be learn to read and write music, and try to 'perfect' an instrument. I know the phenomena "music in my head" and it's no good leaving it there unexpressed, you'll either loose it, forget it, your tunes will develop into other tunes or you'll end up one day humming tunes to your self thinking "What a really good tune, I wonder who wrote it, did I hear it on the radio ??" 
#4April 29th, 2008 · 08:25 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Make Yerself at'ta Home!!
Kurtt,
 Glad to have  you here with us guy.. look forward to
hearing what ya got... I'm waiting to get a real decent
sound card in my studio puter, then I'll redo most of
my songs, and take those torture devices I have online
right now... 
 We have a broad host of real good songwriters and
musicians here, and welcome a new face to the family!!
 Just kick your shoes off, start tapping yer toe and let
'er ripp!!!

Blessings,

Blueyes

p.s. if we can be any help at all, we will! If not, we'll find
out how to, or whom may be able to!!
#5April 30th, 2008 · 02:14 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
As a matter of fact, you all can be a help. Anyone familiar with the Boss BR900CD? My little brother has one, but is very territorial. As soon as he heard I might be using it when he isn't even home, he hides the CF Card that *may* be necessary to record songs with. I need to use this thing for a half-decent sounding recording. I'm wondering if there's a way to record via USB (The computer doesn't detect it or do anything when I plug it in) or record straight to a CD.

Here's a link to the thing/manual.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/_support/om.cfm?ln=en&dsp=0&iCncd=687&iStcd=4
#6April 30th, 2008 · 04:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome Kurtt,

I would chat with your brother and perhaps you can exhange swap things you have he may need. Then he may teach you how to use it.

Failing that you could record onto your PC, there are numerous free software you can download. The first thing you need is a pre-amp or a simple interface or last resort a standard line mixer would do the job.

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.