#1April 7th, 2008 · 10:03 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
I want to build my own "studio" in my room
What are some things to get me started?

I know I need a microphone (recommend me one?) and maybe a drum machine, but what else do I need to have an effective studio?

I have a laptop with a lot of music software on it (FL Studio 7, ACID Pro, Audacity, LAME), my instruments of course (Epiphone Les Paul custom, Taylor acoustic, Yamaha keyboard) and my Fender amp.

Any help would be appreciated.
#2April 8th, 2008 · 03:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Depends on what you want type of music you want to create?? and your budget?

There are so many Microphones which vary in price. http://www.soundonsound.com/search?Keyword=condenser&Summary=No

You should be able to programme drums on fruti loops, no need for a drum machine

Do you have a soundcard and a microphone preamp??

Denis
#3April 14th, 2008 · 06:06 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Wow, totally forgot about this thread.

But I'm probably just going to record guitar and bass (I record them at my friend's house now, since I don't have a mic or anything).

So I'll check out some mics. What is the standard price for a good quality mic?
#4April 14th, 2008 · 09:11 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Depends what you want it for, but a really great mic to start off with is the Shure SM57 which musiciansfriend.com has for $99 though im sure if you go looking you can find it for cheaper (though you will also need XLR cables and a way of plugging them in...such as a small mixer, unless you plan to use it at your friensd house). 

My completley budget setup I use here is a standard $25 mic (cant even recall the brand at the minute) that gets the job done, though i'll be buying an SM57 soon probably, feed that into a Behringer Eurorack UB1202 (also up for replacement soon), and then send that into my computer.  Basic setup for under $100. 

See what other members say though.  Also, what's your budger cos that will really help with the suggestions. 

Kobeshi
#5January 24th, 2012 · 01:29 PM
4 threads
28 posts
Bangladesh
A good quality mic may be need $60 now...........

are you looking for Music or Musician!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.