#1March 19th, 2008 · 11:32 PM
2 threads
7 posts
United States of America
Don't wanna get ripped off!
What is a good price on studio time. We know we can not get the professional $3000/hour places. What's a good average price for FL area. How do I know if I am getting ripped off or not? I do still want quality.
#2March 20th, 2008 · 12:13 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
What are you recording??/
Is this for a full band???
Is there any one with a good working PC or mac to alleviate some of the recording spent time at the studio and maybe do some pre production at home???....
What are you recording for a demo or and actual full production...More info would help this is to vague and the options are many!!!!!Ill try though!!
Getting ripped off is hard to avoid when looking for cheap deals.....FL must have some local Scene news paper that might show some resources(Even the yellow pages)...Also Google affordable band/audio recordings Town and state and see what comes up.Some places will offer 5 to 10 song demo for a price...Find out exactly how that translates into time..All the songs in one day,all the instruments live?etc//Others will do a block of hours for a price.This might be more costly but you might end up with a better product..Last ask for audio references...Choose what your production sound goal(Band sound) is and see if the place is able to provide with both gear and experience..Thats all I got...Good luck!!!
#3March 20th, 2008 · 11:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Don't wanna get ripped off!
slimmydoop wrote…
What is a good price on studio time. We know we can not get the professional $3000/hour places. What's a good average price for FL area. How do I know if I am getting ripped off or not? I do still want quality.

Wow, $3000/hour I had no idea!!

Might be cheaper to buy the gear and hire a studio technician LOL???

Or go learn at a studio college, or just buy the stuff and teach yourself.

Cheers

Denis
#4March 21st, 2008 · 07:20 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Almost every major studio out there offers after hours reduced rates.  Night rates and weekends .. Here is a major studio in KCMO that offers decent rates  with top of the line gear.

http://kc.backpage.com/MusicianServices/chapman_recording_night_rates/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=78194
#5March 23rd, 2008 · 06:27 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
For $3000 I am pretty confident I could buy all the equipment I would realistically want; and I know lots of people who've sold music recording on less than that.

All my studio time was free, but $3000 seems ridiculous unless it is a manned studio with an experienced technician; basically, if you go in, play, and walk out with something professionally mixed, it's a mediocre deal IMO.
#6March 23rd, 2008 · 09:09 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
and not just $3000, mind you.  that's per hour
#7March 24th, 2008 · 12:22 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Well, at that rate I couldn't afford more than an hour

On iTunes, for example, you get, through good distributors, 70c a song.  That's selling 4286 tracks to make up ONE hour of recording time; you have to ask yourself if you are confident that you track is going to sell tens of thousands of copies.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.