#1February 28th, 2008 · 02:35 AM
2 threads
1 posts
South Africa
recording elictric acoustic straight into the pc's sound card using FLstudio
hi everyone, i need some help on recording.  do you or know of who does record strt into FL thru the sound card?  or is it better to just record with audacity and then copy the audio clips to FL? i really want to use FL for everything but i got some problems atm.

when i plug my guitar into the S/C the sound is fine and there's no delay in getting to my headphones, the sound is pretty good actually.  but when i go to FL and record the sound takes a while to get to the head phones.  however when im done recording and play the recorded clip back the sound is fine.  im not sure if i got something wrong in the recording procedure, maybe,   im still really new at this and ive got lots to learn.

if u know of any advice links tutorials or anything on how to record like this i would really appreciate
this is my first post but ive read alot on here and it looks like an awsome place.

cheers
#2February 29th, 2008 · 06:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sounds like latency issues,  I am not sure which version of FL you have but in(FL7) go to the "options" tab ,click on that, then click on "audio settings" and you can make adjustments to your buffer size in the direct sound properties.  the lower buffer size the less latency, but the program can stall if it is to low.

Greg
#3March 1st, 2008 · 07:15 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Use an ASIO driver (FL installs a reasonably good one called ASIO4ALL).  In the menu that Greg mentioned, switch to that driver, head into the configuration and tweak the input/output buffers.
#4March 2nd, 2008 · 02:32 PM
2 threads
1 posts
South Africa
yeah thanks guys i tried that, it is a great help.  FL7 records great.   now i just need some ideas for songs hmm..

thanks people
cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.