#1July 7th, 2007 · 06:55 PM
1 threads
2 posts
United States of America
Inspiration For Songs And Some Other Thing
Ok How/Where Do I Get Inspiration For A Song oh and i need help on singing while playing PLEASE HELP
#2July 7th, 2007 · 06:56 PM
1 threads
2 posts
United States of America
and im new here.........
#3July 7th, 2007 · 09:18 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Well--its really just writing what feel like writing about--but for instance--if you are against the war in iraq--write a song about that--write about things you know, or believe in--things you have compassion for--that can bring out some good things in a song--and you can sing it with emotion, as well as having decent lyrics--I'm unsure how to help you sing better while playing--but maybe some else can help you with that--I assume the more you practice it the better you get--but I'm sure its is easier for some people than others.
#4July 8th, 2007 · 03:44 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
good thread
Inspiration is just that....you can become inspired to write about anything ....any idea is fine......you can write about ..love......or .....yellow snow......or ........your dog ......or ..a car..... whatever you feel like....the more you write the better you'll get so don't worry if at first you songs aren't what you think they should be... you'll improve the more you do it.....

Playing and singing at the same time is just like anything else that takes skill....you have to practice at it.  you need to learn the guitar part to the point of having it memorized and where you can perform it without to much effort, ( i used guitar because I read your bio). Then you need to practice the singing till you have it down, then work on playing the two together....it;s like anything that takes skill though you have to work at it and as you work at it it will become easier.
#5July 8th, 2007 · 12:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Inspiration can come from anything or anywhere is just a matter of which side of your brain is most dominant at the moment(LOL).Your analytical side can overpower lots of the creative side of your brain and thus makes it hard to think out of the box sort of speak.I personally involve myself in things like live music,music videos,,musician friends, music studies an so on.But sometimes it just randomly happens,so I guess my point is exercise your creative muscle by surrounding yourself with the right environment and experiment, and chances are you ll have more tools and inspiration running by.Also consider that music as a form of expression has a deep relation with personal experiences such as pain,sorrow,happiness and and anger.Those feelings are also fuel for for a creative mind.This just how it applies to me personally, I'm sure there's no perfect formula ,like people inspirations are unique to its owner.

Singing and playing like goat says practice practice practice.For me what works is slowing the parts down to where i can manage the singing and playing and I reinforce it by repetition ,and then I move on to the next part.
Get involved in here this site is a great source of inspiration if you let it be!!!
Welcome to the Amp and good luck!!
#6July 8th, 2007 · 01:24 PM
1 threads
2 posts
United States of America
Marino wrote…
Inspiration can come from anything or anywhere is just a matter of which side of your brain is most dominant at the moment(LOL).Your analytical side can overpower lots of the creative side of your brain and thus makes it hard to think out of the box sort of speak.I personally involve myself in things like live music,music videos,,musician friends, music studies an so on.But sometimes it just randomly happens,so I guess my point is exercise your creative muscle by surrounding yourself with the right environment and experiment, and chances are you ll have more tools and inspiration running by.Also consider that music as a form of expression has a deep relation with personal experiences such as pain,sorrow,happiness and and anger.Those feelings are also fuel for for a creative mind.This just how it applies to me personally, I'm sure there's no perfect formula ,like people inspirations are unique to its owner.

Singing and playing like goat says practice practice practice.For me what works is slowing the parts down to where i can manage the singing and playing and I reinforce it by repetition ,and then I move on to the next part.
Get involved in here this site is a great source of inspiration if you let it be!!!
Welcome to the Amp and good luck!! :D
Thank you So Much That Really Helps my Band Just Got A Gig At A Party SO I Need As Much Help.....
#7July 8th, 2007 · 02:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And if all else fails LSD is amazing !! 

But seriously inspiration is like being in love, you know when your in it and it just makes all the sense in the world !
People are inspired to go on journeys, to start business ventures and to write songs, as Marino very wisely says "exercise your creative muscle" , chose a subject, think about it , write a lyric about it. So when you are 'inspired' you'll do a better job of it! lol

You can also find the words within the music you make, translate what you hear/feel into words, mumble/scream the 'inspiration' into vocal clarity. 
Take Denis for instance, he makes beautiful music but keeps on complaining that he cant write lyrics, so when he has to he does the next best thing and 'la la las' what he feels into existence, the words can come later, but at least he's made it as real as he can!

But true "Inspiration" you will recognise when it oozes out of every nook and cranny of your very existence! 
You know when your doing the right thing!

Druids claim that you cannot be inspired the whole time, it makes you mad, that's why it comes in waves!!

So if your asking where inspiration comes from I'd repeat Marino again : Get involved in here this site is a great source of inspiration if you let it be!!!  
Because this is where you will find inspiration if the stars haven't caught your attention yet !
#8July 8th, 2007 · 06:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Found this thread, thought you might be inspired by it ! lol : http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/1516.html
#9August 25th, 2007 · 10:27 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
I cant help you very much on the inspiration
thing becasue Im searching right now1!lol but anyway
as for the playing and singing thing I suggest you start
out with something EASY!!!! like "polly" by Nirvana
or something else I learned polly one day and now
my band is playing that so its a good song to learn
and its EASY!!! i think all in all its like 8 power chords
lol!!! VERY EASY!!! give it a try
                                 Music is Life,
                                      SS
#10August 26th, 2007 · 12:01 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Inspiration is so personal that anything I could suggest would only be appropriate for me.

But for singing and playing, I would suggest starting with really simple song (Michael row your boat ashore or some such) and work first on getting the guitar pattern cold. Simple strumming first - then take a verse of the song and work on getting that one verse out without choking.

A good trick is to have a pile of coins (or guitar picks or whatever) and every time you complete one verse, stop, then put one of the counters in the done pile, then begin the same verse again. Do this like 10 times, then move on to the second verse. Play slowly until you can do it right every time, then speed up a little - until you can do it properly. Remember, anything you play you can do easier every time, and that includes mistakes. It is better to do something too slowly correctly than to learn mistakes. I spent entirely too long unlearning things that were handicapping me years ago.

It may sound a little funny playing really slow while singing slow, but it will give you lots of time to concentrate on how to move your hands.

This trick also works for incorporating little licks as well. Investing in a metronome is good but not necessary and possibly distracting. Just concentrate on one thing at a time and it will all work out.

Again, as for inspiration, just take a time out and go somewhere away from your usual haunts, then calm down and shut off all the head chatter. Once your head is no longer busy telling yourself about everything you are doing, it will be easier to let the music come. If this doesn't work, try other things: but the key should be clearing your mind enough that you have space for music to happen. It's like on a computer with too many programs running: quit a few and performance will come back.

Good luck and welcome aboard!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.