#1January 21st, 2007 · 12:54 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Belarus
From .cda to mp3 to a better eq for the whole track/ cant mix it again
i have a track that i recorded before/ but i only have it on CD so a cda format.  i ripped it into an mp3 format

and a wave.  and i tried to eq it.  but its just not right.

what would you suggest.  ?  how can i change it from .cda format to mp3 withour losing quality and equalizing the whole ( as is ) to meet a better production sound.

what do you think?
#2January 21st, 2007 · 01:22 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
WaveLab
I use WaveLab but changing from .cda to mp3 will always lose something.  I have the same problem.  As for mixing it after - it'd be difficult as they are now all one track.  Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, it's just that I've had this problem for years and haven't solved it until WaveLab had a few options and things to improve quality and add effects (on the whole track that is).  Good luck.
#3January 21st, 2007 · 03:16 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Belarus
I was just on the internet looking at wavelab
It costs 690 Dollars. 

To download the trail is hard to find.  Do you know where i can download it.?

That was fast, i just posted the question up!

#4January 21st, 2007 · 05:16 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
why don't you import the song first as .wav, that's the best quality possible, then you can manipulate the audio whichever way you like, and THEN make an mp3 out of it. Once you start re-eqqing an existing mp3 you're missing out everything below 40 Hz and everything above 15000 Hz (or so). That is no good: a lot of harmonics are lost that way, so the results of re-eqqing will always be disappointing... So don't do that.

I sometimes use a program called har-bal which is excellent for re-eqqing your music. you should check it out.

good luck.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.