#1December 27th, 2006 · 07:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Guitar Pro Quest
This afternoon I was playing with Guitar Pro a little effects processor, wasn't much cop, but I got my guitar to play through it by setting it up and then pressing a big start button.
Tonight I've been playing with Guitar Rig 2 but I cant get my guitar to come through the program/instrument when it's a stand-alone.
It works in Cubase but there's the latency thing and I just want to play my guitar through it live time.

Would anybody know where Guitar Rigs Big 'start' button is or some other technical insight?

I cant even seam to find the preferences.

Somebody know anything about setting Guitar Rig up?
#2December 27th, 2006 · 07:48 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
gtr rig 2
do you have the asio4all driver installed? I have guitar rig 2.......I might be of some assistance..........
#3December 27th, 2006 · 10:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Do know about ASIO4all, read about it again tonight, will check it out.
Just don't want to ruin what is at the moment a working system.

Problem is I did get it to work through the Guitar Pro program.

Where are the audio preferences in Guitar Rig any way?

I thought someone here worked with Guitar Rig, you also work with jeskola buzz don't you?
#4December 28th, 2006 · 12:43 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
well, top left corner(version I have) under file..theres an option for audio and midi settings..you probably just have to change your output device, I had the same problem when I got it, I use the asio interface and asio4all for my output,for my config(asio) I use 32 in and out for my latency compensation and 64 for my buffer size...my latency is at 5 ms which is nothing really. Never heard of jeskola buzz, is that a joke? lmao Also you might want to check your soundcard options to make sure you have the right input selected, I use my line in, I dont know if your hooked up direct or not, if so turn your input to 0 for line in and your output to about half and use the volume setting in the prog for best results.(input,output) if you dont set the input to zero on your soundcard it will be transferring your guitar clean and with the effects from guitar rig.I dont know if you know all this but Im off to bed so I thought I would just ramble on about a few things lmao.

Oh,under the settings tab,router option make sure your soundcard is selected for input,output on both in and out.
1 and 2 ....so my soundcard is soundmax so mine is soundmax1(for input/output 1) and soundmax2(for input/output 2) brilliant eh? lmao. Also under Fx(sound bank) horror rock,is the setting I used for the intro in Saturated, I just fooled with the settings, turned the booster down...blah blah blah..ok goodnight!
#5December 28th, 2006 · 07:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Goodnight, Goodmorning!

These ramblings are inspirational! Thank you very much.
I thought you used Jeskola Buzz, it's no joke. It's an instrument!

Anyway, you've given me enough to take a further look, now with the idea that I might find something.

Even if I do know a few things it's good to read the info in the right order. Cheers.

I've heard of turning down the soundcard input before, I'll to some testing in a bit.

So if I've understood it, input line-in volume to 0, soundcard line-in output to half volume (set in soundcard interface?)

OK bollocks to all of that, I've just got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        

Input down, output half, ASIO4all and buffer down to 64.
I've got a latency of 2ms

All hail the greatest BasketCase of all!
#6December 28th, 2006 · 08:38 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sorry that was meant to be "All hail the great BasketCase"!

Next step, how do I now record the guitar with effects, my wavelab only picks up the guitar, and if I choose 'What you hear" from the soundcard record options the dam thing goes bananas.

God what an Amazing sound!    

So I take it I can put all my inputs through the Rig? Mic, drums etc.
#7December 28th, 2006 · 03:25 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
Sorry that was meant to be "All hail the great BasketCase"!

Next step, how do I now record the guitar with effects, my wavelab only picks up the guitar, and if I choose 'What you hear" from the soundcard record options the dam thing goes bananas.

God what an Amazing sound!    

So I take it I can put all my inputs through the Rig? Mic, drums etc.

Lol, I was thinking at work, I should explain the input output on the first tape deck(top)Ok where it says Play(not the actually play button, its on the left hand side where it says tape deck one,to record with the effects your using select "at output" if you wish for some odd reason to record without the effects you are using select...yep you got it "at input"....Yes Im pretty sure you can do it all with the Rig! Its amazing.Do you know how to record over a backing/drum/bass  track? Im sure you do, in case you  dont, first select two tapedecks instead of one,then on tapedeck 2 there is a sync option, this must be on, for playback on the second tape deck to check out what you recorded turn the sync off, also you can then move your recorded track from the bottom deck to the top and record another track over it! Im tellin ya this program is going to steal your heart! 
#8December 28th, 2006 · 04:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK I'm getting the gist of what it can do!
The sounds alone are amazing, it even makes me sound good!!

I follow what you've explained and I will get on to it. My thanks are humongous!

If you do come up with any other tips or just general "what it can do" directions please post them.
I don't mind you starting them all with "I'm sure you know  etc etc but......." because the chances are that I don't know and as with the information above find it to be exactly what I needed to know.

Yes I can see the chances of it stealing my heart, also for f**king up my head, because there's just so much of it!
#9December 28th, 2006 · 07:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
NOTE TO MEDIATORS

I've just looked at his thread 'er and come to the conclusion that I've mixed up 'technical support' with 'technical support' if you know what I mean?

Should I have posted this in 'Gear Talk' ?

If so can it be moved? must I do that or will you?

I don't want to delete it because BasketCase has given me, and therefore everybody else some very good advice here.
#10December 28th, 2006 · 08:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Meanwhile back at the thread ;

BasketCase, I cant seam to record the effect onto the wave in the first tape deck but I can in the second, so it's ok, got the mic to work through it and recorded a sample with effects so I'm dead chuffed!

So this is the end of life as we know it, I have found my new mistress,
A! Mr Lucifer Sir! Sign, where? You mean this dotted line?
#11December 28th, 2006 · 11:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
there
It actually belongs here I think...  in Recording...  as it is about recording issues..  not gear per se' so.. there we are..

Have fun...

JimK
#12December 30th, 2006 · 06:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers JimK

BasketCase : don't know if your still following this thread of mine, also now that it's moved?
Anyway, I got well into the recording, but this morning I opened Guitar Rig up and started playing I immediately got a shrill distortion sound coming through with the guitar, changed the output device from asio4all to dirX and it come back to a normal guitar sound but with loads of latency, so I put it back to asio4all and changed the buffer size slide, it made it work better but the better it works the longer the latency.
So I conclude that Buffer size dictates Latency! But can you (or someone) explain to me how to 'pump up' the buffer and keep a low latency and eliminate the distortion?
#13December 30th, 2006 · 05:47 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
Cheers JimK

BasketCase : don't know if your still following this thread of mine, also now that it's moved?
Anyway, I got well into the recording, but this morning I opened Guitar Rig up and started playing I immediately got a shrill distortion sound coming through with the guitar, changed the output device from asio4all to dirX and it come back to a normal guitar sound but with loads of latency, so I put it back to asio4all and changed the buffer size slide, it made it work better but the better it works the longer the latency.
So I conclude that Buffer size dictates Latency! But can you (or someone) explain to me how to 'pump up' the buffer and keep a low latency and eliminate the distortion?

Well, I messed around with it a bit when I first got it and the best setting I could get for myself are the ones I posted. Good luck, its worth the time and energy needed for start up........soon you will be creating masterpieces.
#14December 31st, 2006 · 10:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey BC, thanks for the reaction.
Some times I also don't need to post so many questions.
The 'distortion' I was experiencing seamed to ebb away as it 'warmed up', it's odd, it's done it a few times, I let it be for 10 minutes and it cleared up, it's OK now!

Don't know about masterpieces but it's definitely given me the incentive to play guitar again, because it sounds SO good!
And of course the helping hands from bandAmpers make it possible for me to learn.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.